Exploring Detailed Interiors of Add-on Airplanes in MSFS 2020: Is an Addon Required?

Pro Member Trainee
sylviogh Trainee

Hello, I know the basic MSFS 2020 commands to see the interior/cabin of the airplane, but some add-on airplanes have many interior details like passengers, tables, wallpaper, etc. I see people making YouTube videos walking through/into the airplanes but I couldn't figure out how, Is there a need for an addon? Or am I missing something? Thank you.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there!

Absolutely, diving into the intricate details of airplane interiors in MSFS 2020 can be a treat, especially with the plethora of add-on airplanes that developers are constantly introducing with meticulous details. Here's how you can seamlessly navigate and explore the inner beauty of these aircraft:

• Basic Interior View:
    • By default, the Cockpit View lets you view the interior of any aircraft. Simply use the Arrow Keys or the Right Click and Drag method with your mouse to look around.
    • For a finer control, Hold down the Right Mouse Button and move the mouse to pan around.
  • Detailed Exploration:
    • Many add-on aircraft come with "camera points" or "preset views." These can typically be cycled through using the A and Shift+A keyboard commands. These preset views often include details like seats, tables, galley, lavatory, and more.
  • Free Camera Mode:
    • Activate this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Space. This allows you to freely move around the aircraft.
    • Use the W, A, S, D keys to move and the Q, E keys to move up and down respectively. Combine this with your mouse for fluid movement and panning.
  • Add-ons or Plugins:
    • From my knowledge, while MSFS 2020 provides a robust camera system, there are third-party plugins available that might enhance the experience. But always ensure these come from trusted sources.
    • If you've seen YouTube content creators using a particularly unique angle or method, it could be a plugin they're using. However, most of what you've described can be achieved with the simulator's built-in functions.
  • Tips:
    • If you are trying to see detailed sections of add-on aircraft, always refer to the documentation that comes with the aircraft. Some developers provide instructions or keyboard shortcuts specific to their add-on.
    • Also, increase your Field of View (FOV) in the camera settings for a broader perspective.

In essence, you don't necessarily need an addon to explore the detailed interiors. However, always be on the lookout for new tools and plugins that can augment your experience.

I hope that clears things up! If you have more questions or need further details on specific techniques, just let me know. Fly safe and enjoy the virtual skies!

Best wishes,
Ian Stephens

Pro Member Trainee
sylviogh Trainee

Wow! Very detailed answer, it helped me a lot. I'm already managing to do what I wanted. Thank you very much.
sylvio horta

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...