How to use the addons

Pro Member Trainee
8666263 Trainee

I have downloading many of the addons but they dont seem to be taking any effect in the game.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

there is a "sticky" in the aircraft index that will walk you through the process Read
Or you can get a download manager like I did Addit pro

Good luck 😀

Pro Member Trainee
8666263 Trainee

Only two of the aircraft took effect, I'm still having a really hard time with these addons, and addit pro isnt really helping either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Adding with a add-it program doesn't always work out to be the best way.
You may be having problems because the ones that you are trying to install are textures only or 2002 models.
Tough to say why without know exactly which they are.
Try this link and see if it works out better for you.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
8666263 Trainee

then where do i put the model and panel folders?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You get one folder with the aircraft name on it.
If the read-me tells you to put the gauges or effects into the main gauge or effect folder... you do it. Otherwise leave them in the aircraft folder.
With no instructions to move anything anywhere leave the panel, textures, model, aircraft cfg, (gauges, effects) etc in the folder they came in and drag and drop it into the main aircraft folder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
8666263 Trainee

Alright I'm startin o cathch on, ok then what about the views and textures and repaints?

Thanks a lot! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What do you mean by views.

Here is how to install repaints (textures).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
8666263 Trainee

alright then what about scenery and utilities?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are a number of different types of scenery, each "usually" has a very good read-me with the download.
If I tell you how to load "LAX" for example, that method may not work with another type.
You do each as instructed, run into a problem let us know exactly which and where so we can take a look at the read-me.
Every utility is completely different, as you see on the forum each is discussed individually. They too come with a read-me.

This is how you would load the "LAX" that I use.

1. Extract the zip into your main FS2004 Addon Scenery folder, or into a temporary folder, and then move it there, which ever method you prefer.
I use the temp and drag and drop.

2. Start up FS2004 and when the welcome screen, or initial menu comes on, select settings, then click on Scenery Library, and Add Area. Find the Addon Scenery folder and open it, then find the XXXX folder and click on it. The name XXXX should now appear in the title window, then click OK. Then you will see XXXX at the top of your scenery library list, and click the OK tab at the bottom.

3. That's it! You must first exit FS2004, and when you restart it your scenery will be there. It is not necessary to use the Addon Scenery option to locate this scenery, simply go to the airport in FS.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...