SP1 beta Chops up addons ?!?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

A disturbing post (what is this???) in screenshots forum

It reconfirms my decision NOT to install any addons until after SP1. And then only select addons advertized as SP1 compatable or that others have installed sucessfully in FSX SP1.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest

oldsamer wrote:

A disturbing post (what is this???) in screenshots forum;

It reconfirms my decision NOT to install any addons until after SP1. And then only select addons advertized as SP1 compatable or that others have installed sucessfully in FSX SP1.

First, that post is in violation of the posters beta NDA. And I have stated so on the thread.

Second, that is a known airplane render bug that will be fixed before we exit beta.

Third, this is exactly why there is a closed beta - so the community doesnt get randomized by random, wrongly informed posts.

Phil Taylor
Senior PM, Graphics and Terrain
Aces Studio.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Embarassed Sorry! I didn't know that the NDA was in effect for SP1.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Always wondered if the ACEs team purrused this forum 😀 Don't sweat it Annoyedmouse

simmernewb Guest

anonymouse91 wrote:

Embarassed Sorry! I didn't know that the NDA was in effect for SP1.

probably you are not a beta tester. You must have obtained the beta SP1 illegally from a friend.

Your post on beta SP1 is a disservice to the community.

Pro Member First Officer

I am a beta tester. I have got it legally from MS Connect. The reason I accidently violated the NDA is because I didn't know one was in effect. I joined the program late and before I joined, I saw people posting about the NDA being lifted. When I got accepted, I saw no mention of an NDA.

anonymouse91 wrote:

I am a beta tester. I have got it legally from MS Connect. The reason I accidently violated the NDA is because I didn't know one was in effect. I joined the program late and before I joined, I saw people posting about the NDA being lifted. When I got accepted, I saw no mention of an NDA.

then you should know damn well that the purpose of a beta is to flush out bugs before official release.

when you found a bug, your responsibility is to report it to Microsoft, not making sensational posts here.

anonymouse91 wrote:

Ok, fair enough. Please dont do this again, it really does randomize. And I did post on the beta forums that this will be fixed.

Oh, and FYI, the Connect Intro material says all content is under NDA. I agree it should be called out more clearly, but it is there.

Pro Member First Officer

I just noticed the NDA on the Microsoft Game Studios bit but didn't think that applied to FSX as someone posted that the NDA was lifted. I was going to bug this but didn't for a particular reason (don't want to reveal why to further muck up my chances of being a tester). Also, I don't have access to any forums and am trying to currently.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...