BAD_POOL_CALLER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

This problem is irritating.

I got my new PC today. It works wonderfully and so I installed FS9 with all of my addons, Saitek Cyborg Evo and my Saitek Cyborg X. I ran flight sim but when it was generating the scenery database it came up with an error that one of the scenery parts was missing.

I then ran flight sim. Even before I'd done anything (after I'd clicked 'Fly') I got a BSOD that said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". I rebooted the pc and tried again.

After flight sim loaded again, I got the BSOD death but this time with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with a driver listed underneath. I restarted the computer (trying to see if a new error would appear).

When I ran flight sim this time, I got the same message BUT when I restarted Windows, it started up as if it was a first boot. My theme was back to the default, I had no documents in my folder, my shortcuts were changed. However, all of my games were installed (although I wasn't able to check if they had reset their configurations) and my edited start menu was the same.

Can anyone help me on the following:

1) Inform me of what causes BAD_POOL_CALLER and possible ways to fix it
2) Inform me of what causes DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and possible ways to fix it
3) Why my computer basically reset itself after the second DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

My specs are below,

Thanks,

============================
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
ATI Radeon HD4890 (1024MB)
4096MB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.1

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you try to fly before you added new aircraft or scenery?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

No I didn't. I will uninstall all of my hardware and software and try that today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you do a clean install of window, update it (don't forget .NET).
Then do a new install of FS9, no patch, defrag before and after then run the Sim for as long as you want without adding anything.
With everything clean I can't see how you can get the same message on two different computers unless something is missing from your FS9 disk.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...