SearchSearch 

BAD_POOL_CALLER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

This problem is irritating.

I got my new PC today. It works wonderfully and so I installed FS9 with all of my addons, Saitek Cyborg Evo and my Saitek Cyborg X. I ran flight sim but when it was generating the scenery database it came up with an error that one of the scenery parts was missing.

I then ran flight sim. Even before I'd done anything (after I'd clicked 'Fly') I got a BSOD that said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". I rebooted the pc and tried again.

After flight sim loaded again, I got the BSOD death but this time with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with a driver listed underneath. I restarted the computer (trying to see if a new error would appear).

When I ran flight sim this time, I got the same message BUT when I restarted Windows, it started up as if it was a first boot. My theme was back to the default, I had no documents in my folder, my shortcuts were changed. However, all of my games were installed (although I wasn't able to check if they had reset their configurations) and my edited start menu was the same.

Can anyone help me on the following:

1) Inform me of what causes BAD_POOL_CALLER and possible ways to fix it
2) Inform me of what causes DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and possible ways to fix it
3) Why my computer basically reset itself after the second DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

My specs are below,

Thanks,

============================
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
ATI Radeon HD4890 (1024MB)
4096MB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.1

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you try to fly before you added new aircraft or scenery?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

No I didn't. I will uninstall all of my hardware and software and try that today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you do a clean install of window, update it (don't forget .NET).
Then do a new install of FS9, no patch, defrag before and after then run the Sim for as long as you want without adding anything.
With everything clean I can't see how you can get the same message on two different computers unless something is missing from your FS9 disk.

Radar