FSX Crashes at 50,000 k

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

I posted about this abit earlier..

By the way Radarman, I did clean out my tower 😂
But I've ran the repair process on disk one but that just made the issue worse. I think I've had this issue in the past. I start up FSX and it crashes out at approximately 50,000 k of memory usage. That's all I can really say. The issue started after I installed Real Environment Xtreme.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Memory crash? Do you have FSX SP2? If you do, uninstall it and just use sp1 and see if it still crashes.
That's how it is with me and sp2, it causes a memory loss crash.
So i uninstalled sp2 and wallah, the problem ceases to exist.

Pro Member Trainee
e4cpltom Trainee

I think I am running into this problem. How do I uninstall SP2 without unistalling the whole program though ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

e4cpltom wrote:

I think I am running into this problem. How do I uninstall SP2 without unistalling the whole program though ?

Control panel/add-remove programs/wait until it's populated and you can see it, then remove.

You will without SP2 for FSX (not XP) lose the ability to use all cores of your CPU.
SP2 for FSX gave us back the ability to use all cores.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
e4cpltom Trainee

Think I got a "DOH" moment here. I just couldnt find SP2 no matter how hard I looked or where I looked, yet I knew it was installed. I have acceleration installed 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

e4cpltom wrote:

Think I got a "DOH" moment here. I just couldnt find SP2 no matter how hard I looked or where I looked, yet I knew it was installed. I have acceleration installed 🙄

If you installed Acceleration you won't see SP1 or SP2 listed, it's built into the pack.
If you had loaded them on your own then they would show up.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
e4cpltom Trainee

Yep, thats why I couldnt find them. So I guess I put up with it, or wait till tomorrow when I pick up my new maxchine 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I recently bought a new computer and was advised to have Vista 64 bit as people were reporting crashes when well into a flight when using Vista 32 bit.

Simmy

Pro Member Trainee
e4cpltom Trainee

Vista what ?

(edit) Dont think I'll install Acceleration this time, even though I love the Helocopters they have. Gona try and run without it for a while.

P.S. And just when I was getting ready to hit the 800 flight hours mark too Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...