Aircraft uncontrollable in multiplayer mode

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I have been flying the C172 in free flight and it flies great. But, when I am flying with my instructor friend, using shared cockpit in multiplayer mode, my Cessna wants to pitch up and down and taxi's somewhat irratic. We use the same airport in multiplayer mode as I use in free flight mode. We also use the same aircraft. It seems to worse for me, than him. I am using CH Products Flight Sim yoke, USB and Pro Pedals, USB. He is using Satek yoke and pedals. It just seemed to be happening this last 2 weeks. By the way, I am using Windows 7 and he is using Windows Vista. Is this just a fluke, or did something change in MFS X multiplayer? Is there a workaround?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Hey guys,
I really need help on this one. I am runnings Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 32bit processor at 3ghrz, 2g of ram, Nvidia 8800GT Alpha Dog video card. It seems my friend flies our shared plane with no problem, but when I fly it, it will not fly properly. As I said before, it flies great when I fly in Free Flight, alone.

I have no problem getting into multiplayer with Gamespy and it seems to start out OK, taxing, then, all the sudden the engine tries to quit.

I am taking pilot training and I use the sim to help me hone my skills with my instructor. So I really need this to work...as it did at one time. Do you think it is a Windows 7 issue? Thanks for all your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ram is cheap, add another 2 gigs that should help some.
You can't run W7 and other programs at the same time and expect it to be smooth on 2gigs.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Radarman...I thought I would need more RAM, as MFSX dropped out on me on Free Flight, while I had the second monitor on with a window up. The error is that I had ran out of RAM. Guess I will have to spend some bucks and get more.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

32bit will only recognize about 3 gigs so get four, it works better that way.
64bit systems use all you can give it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I will be getting 2 more 1gb RAM cards. Thanks, again, for your help.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

fasteddie60 wrote:

I will be getting 2 more 1gb RAM cards. Thanks, again, for your help.

If you can afford it, buy a 2GB ram card. If you will be updating in the future it will save you money because you'll have more upgrade space.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Razgr1z912...I will look into doing that.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I added the extra 2gb of ram and all seemed OK for awhile. Then last night the same problems came up, again. It seemed like someone was hacking into my multiplayer game. I noticed the ignition key moving while flying, causing the engine to cutout. The control surfaces seemed to act on their own, like someone was trying to fly my plane, at times. Is it possible for hackers to get into a multiplayer game, even though we had set up a password? I looked a memory usage and it was no where close to being max-ed out.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...