Command so FS changes automatically to high resolution?

Pro Member Trainee
Goldenvoice Trainee

OK, I've been using FS9 for 4 years, and once, merely by accident, I pushed (as I recall 2 keys at once) on my keyboard, and the game automatically change my monitor resolution to a wonderful high resolution. Before that I had played with high res, but can't use my computer in general at those settings...

Anyway, after encountering the worlds worst bug, I'm OS fresh installed, and setting FS back up the way I like it.

Soooo - anybody tell me how to have the game automatically switch my resolution when I fire it up, and reduce back to normal upon quitting FS?

Mucho appreciato.

not sure if this matters yet - Radeon 9600 - I did attempt to install the ATI control hardware I'd used before, but must install .NET framework first.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Alt + Enter will change you to window mode if that's what you want.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Goldenvoice Trainee

Um, no, but that will be handy for quick minimizing 🙂

What I'm after, and perhaps the key-strokes are not commonly known, but this function can be acessed from elsewhere.?.

You know how if you go into Control Panel, Display, etc in windows, and change your monitor resolution? When you make a change, and hit 'apply', the display shuts down for a second while the change is made - then when back up, you get a 'do you want to save' message?

Well, before the OS crash, upon starting FS9, my display would shut down, and come back in a much finer resolution - automatically.

Then when I quit FS, it would do the same. returning to 800x600...

ring any bells?

Thanks

Oh, and incase is make any diff - P4 2.4 - 1GB - XP SP3

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Now I know what you mean.
No I don't know about those keyboard commands in the Sim itself.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...