Ultimate Traffic 2 killing my FPS

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

I installed Ultimate Traffic 2 due to reading reviews and recommendations. I love it, I love being able to have more air traffic and ground traffic (airport) but at the same time, just taxing to the run-way with another bravo in front of me, my FPS drops to 11-13FPS from 24. Why the huge drop??

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

AI will do that to you.
The computer is trying to render too many objects at one time-graphic intensive.
The higher you have it set (try 50%) the lower the FPS.
A new video card would help some.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

AI will do that to you.
The computer is trying to render too many objects at one time-graphic intensive.
The higher you have it set (try 50%) the lower the FPS.
A new video card would help some.

Radar

Well, I did notice that this is the first time I have had cloud levels this low while flying. Would having clouds this low kill the GPS as well? The air traffic is really not that dense so I can only guess it is the clouds. I am going to try another flight with no clouds to see how it goes. Then if i HAVE to go again, I will get a better card haha.

What would you recommend?

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

I ended up installing SP2. I was told by many that all the cons about SP2 have been worked out of it since its initial release. That created all my FSX settings to pretty much go back to default.

One of the things I noticed was cloud detail was set as high as it could be so I moved that back down.

Another thing I read was that some times these traffic add ons some times cause problems with the traffic that is set up in FSX by default, by not disabling it. Should I go into the traffic settings inside FSX and put those down to 0%?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SP2 enables all cores of a DuoCore CPU to work, thereby giving you more computer to work with.
The add-on traffic programs usually disable the default themselves.

Yes turning down some of the other slides (autogen-cars-boats) will help you use the AI.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

So if I am seeing FPS drop due to UT2, I am going to assume if I install REX, it will be the same outcome...lower FPS..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not necessarily, it doesn't take as much resources as AI takes.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Really? Oh, that is good news. I'll give it a shot. Something needs to catch my attention because I went to play today and with in 10 minutes I lost interest in playing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...