Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

overheating?

jianqing
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 pm 

if you throttle up, your EPR will go red if you are using the 777 panel, is this ok or is it overheating?
We have reached our cruising altitude,I am going to switch the seat belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land ... it's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern.
jianqing
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm 

I was flying the POSKY 767-200 from San Francisco to Manchester, UK. I went to sleep and when I woke I found the plane 2hrs from arriving Very Happy , I realized that the EPR in the engine insturments is over 1.40(over 1.40 it goes red), is that overheating? I did a bad landing at Manchester.....

Don't blame me, if you think i did a hard landing because of my fault, go download POSKY 767-200 and see for yourself Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad !
We have reached our cruising altitude,I am going to switch the seat belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land ... it's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern.
Karlw
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:00 pm 

actually from what I understand that is technically afterburner or at least performs the same function. When going above 99% N1 and N2 (3,4 if a 4 engine jet) you will go into the red this is a power setting only to be used for a set amount of time which would be listed in the POH of the aircraft. Since this is FS9 or FSX you wont need to worry abut this unless you buy some good payware addons. Again this is used only as a sudden need of thrust and used then at 100% MTOW

Best Regards
Pick a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

-Confucius
jianqing
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:38 pm 

thanks Very Happy

What about N2, it is a whole different thing than N1, when going above 90% N2, it goes red Confused , I was doing a flight today from KSFO to EGCC, when I woke up, everything was ok, the EPR is not red the N1 isn't red, the EGT isn't red, but the N2 is over 90%, which makes red....

The N1 goes red when over 100%, which is easy to handle, but the N2 goes red when over 90%........

N1 i think means Low Compression RPM, and N2 means High Compressing RPM!

Is it ok for my N2 to go red?