Where are the FSX log files?

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I keep getting a fatal error at KLAS and TNCM at the same position on multiplayer and I want to see what's wrong. Where can I find the log files?

Best regards 😀

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

how do ya even play mutiplayer? 😕

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

lol with FS passengers that's the only way I can get an aircraft.downfall to that is I can only start at airports I bought my planes at otherwise 1 out of at least 67 try's fail and I am not being sarcastic.

By the way thank you Radarman but I should have mentioned i'm using Vista and can't find it in that location.

Best Regards 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Vista.

Logbook.BIN Vista C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Thanks Radar

But I see about one hundred files what is the FSX log named? It is getting worse I am getting a fatal error CTD every few minutes now 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Logbook.bin.

CTD can be overheating, if it happens on a certain area or with just one add-on aircraft that could be the fault of the scenery or add-on.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Thank you Radarman but just one more question. I can't read the log file it's encrypted and no matter what application I open it with it remains the same. I am the administrator on my computer so I can already rule that out. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's the flight log not the Windows log.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

That's odd that's the only Logbook.bin file I have in that folder? Now about 5 minutes after getting onto a multiplayer server I get a CTD this is really frustrating 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Karlw wrote:

Thank you Radarman but just one more question. I can't read the log file it's encrypted and no matter what application I open it with it remains the same. I am the administrator on my computer so I can already rule that out. 😕

To get into the file, you must right-click on the file and go down to properties and there should be two box's, uncheck the one that says read only.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's the only one because that's the FSX folder not Windows.

Is this what you want.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_event_viewer.htm

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...