Altitude call on landing

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,

Can I somehow enhance my aircraft landing sounds to actually hear the altitude count before touch-down. 150ft, 100ft, 50ft - flair-up. I am flying mostly B777. I already have edit voice pack for ETC which works great. Please let me know if the altitude calls can somehow be added.

Many thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
I have downloaded Jimmy's files but I also need fpda_boeing_callout.gau which is supposed to be available in AVSIM. There is no trace of it there. Any chance to send me a link.
Many thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

AVSIM still seem to have problems since the attack. Often a file you know is in their library won't show up when doing a search.

Go to www.flightsim.com and get alt_call.zip

You'll probably get two results - get the one by David Marshall. It includes the gauge you need.

Tip: Anything by David 'Opa' Marshall can be trusted. He always includes excellent instructions and is a true enthusiast. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi, thanks works great. Found the gauge and coped it
into my gauges folder, also copied the sound files into
the sound folder. One thing I also needed to do was to
add gauge to panel.cfg file.
This was the first time I was actually editing .cfg and had
to choose application to edit it in. Had chosen
mS word. Worked just fine but is this normally the aplic
ation you edit the .cfg files in?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Glad to hear you've got everything working now. I'll give you a few tips regarding the .cfg files to take the pain out of editing.

1. ALWAYS make a backup of the original .cfg file before you start editing, especially when you're still trying to get the hang of it all.

2. We mostly deal with aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg and fs9.cfg files, though there are others which you might come in contact with at a later stage.

3. ANY type of .cfg file should by default open with Notepad. If it doesn't, right-click on the .cfg file and select Open with... and Notepad from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the .cfg file and select Properties from the drop-down menu - you should see: Opens with: Notepad --- if it doesn't say Notepad, click on the Change... button, find Notepad and click on it, click on OK and lastly click on Apply.
Sounds complicated but isn't. Now all of your .cfg files should by default open with Notepad when you double-click on them.

4. Some .cfg files can contain thousands of words and to find a particular entry can become very frustrating by reading the whole thing.
Just hold down Ctrl and press F and type the word(s) you're looking for into the Search bar.

Any problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Great info
Many thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...