Hi all, I have added some effects to the effect file but it seems I can no longer get a wake or splash effect on water landings. In addition, I am not getting smoke effect when the wheels touchdown on a runway landing. I checked and I believe all of the original files are in the effects file (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects) There is an empty texture file at the top of the effects, I don't know if that's an issuer. Is there a setting in the fsx.cfg file I should check. Thanks for any and all help
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee