going around in circles...

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

before i post my message just be warned that this is not going to be a 1 or 2 liner....just so you know...

hi guys, i may not have many post here but i have a problem with a certain area that i fly by alot in FS2004. I have installed and reinstalled FS many times over the last few months since ive been living @ home again (after living in banff alberta for a few years) and everything works so well. Every area that i fly works like a charm, except for the area right around CYWG (winnipeg). I have removed the scenery file from my computer and from the scenery listing in the FS.

Yet everytime i reinstall FS it CTD just outside of CYWG. I admit that many times when i uninstall FS i do the "keep the old files" function.

I guess im going to have to make a bakcup of all my planes and aircraft...because the CTD area is still there. I also admit that i had removed it a while ago then tried to copy the folder when i realized cywg was a *.exe file, maybe thats what im doing wrong...

so my project is for today to remove FS copy all my files and make a backup of it... ...then r-install it..

if it still CTD's after flying around cywg area ill let you know...

later

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Some areas do have "bugs" maybe you found one of them.
Sometimes installing patch 9.1 will help.
It can be found in our download section.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

I found the culprit, it was just around the kenora area......

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...