CFS2 No CD

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi... I have tried to install several No CD programs for CFS2 and all of them exhibit the same problem. That is, when the old executable file is replaced with the new one, each time I run it I get the same display, "The file "Scenery.cfg" is missing or damaged. I have a valid CFS2 disk from Microsoft and no copies. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how does it get solved so I can stop running the CD when CFS2 is running.

Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did it work before you used the no-cd crack...if not that why it doesn't work with it.
The crack doesn't effect the scenery modules.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... The system worked perfectly with the original executable file with no problem. This problem only surfaced when I put in the CD crack executable. This is what has me fooled, the scenery file has nothing to do with the crack at all but that is the error that keeps coming up. I have tried 3 different cracks and all act the same. I for the life of me cannot put my finger on the problem. The original executable was removed completely from the Combat Flight Simulator directory when I put the CD crack executable in placed of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Odd.

See if there is a repair function with CD1, if not someone who has the original might be able to give you a copy so you don't have to reinstall.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... How can you tell if I have a pirated CFS2 or not. I sometimes think this is the problem as I cannot install anything in this particular program. I purchased this from someone else and the CD cover looks very authentic but I am beginning to have my doubts. The manual came on a separate CD unmarked. I did not need any serial number or registration for this program as well.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

W3CPR wrote:

Hi Radarman.... How can you tell if I have a pirated CFS2 or not. I sometimes think this is the problem as I cannot install anything in this particular program. I purchased this from someone else and the CD cover looks very authentic but I am beginning to have my doubts. The manual came on a separate CD unmarked. I did not need any serial number or registration for this program as well.

Thanks

Box.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/18569/1108160-combat_flight_simulator_2_ww_ii_pacific_theater_large.jpg

Manual.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329564

If it looks real then it must be.
You can get it at many stores (Fry's) at the ($9.99 display in just the jewel case.
I never had it so I don't know about the registration but I'm sure you had to, now they (MS) probably isn't set up for that.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... I am flying Combat Flight Simulator 2, Europe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Amazon, a buck and $4 bucks shipping for used.

You can get it new from them also.
I bet some local stores have new copies for $9.99, Staples, Office Depot etc.
All the ones with a jewel case rack.

That way you have a new clean copy.

Radar

davekondracki Guest

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...