Off Topic but YAY! PREMOTION!

Pro Member Trainee
Tom Kilpatrick (Tom12) Trainee

Yay! A week ago I was called into the Sqdn Commanders Office. It turned out I had been selected to be one of 4 people in the RNZAF to fly the Boeing 757 for VIP transport. So right away I accepted and now I'm waiting for the special e-mail for information on the training course (yes there is one in the Royal New Zealand Air Force.) Hopefully it'll be in the next week or two. I'll keep ya' posted.

Cheers,
RNZAF Pilot; Tom Kilpatrick.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Holy mackerel! That's amazing, Please post pictures to if you can! 😳

and certainly a big CONGRATS to you! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

That's quite a promo man, congrats.
Biggest promo i ever got was going from a C172 to a CRJ700 haha

Pro Member Trainee

Here are some Pics Karlw...

http://www.staero.aero/downloads/uploadedfiles/STAero_RNZAF%20redelivery_aircraft.jpg
-This one was taken yesterday.

-About RNZAF No. 40 Sqdn.
http://www.airforce.mil.nz/about-us/squadrons/40-squadron/

Uhm, I don't know how to post actual photos so someone might have to teach me Surprised.

UPDATE:
I got the e-mail!

It turns out it is in 3 weeks at Whenuapai AFB. We're first training in the RNZAF C-130H Hercules. And after a week, we start training in the 757.

I'll keep ya' posted.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Thank you so much! That is absolutely fantastic!

If I may say, you just might have to coolest job on this website!

...anyone here an Astronaut......lol

Thanks again, and best of luck! 🍻

Pro Member Trainee

Haha, I think I might have the best job; except from the RNZAF Airplane Tester & Developer. Thats where you get to fly the old Airmacchis and A-4's and manage and/or buy new aircraft as we need them.

Time for a beer i reckon 🙂)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...