Blurry bar please help!

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Sorry to bother you guys again but I have yet again another problem. When I press "Alt" to see my flight planner in fsx or to change my aircraft or anything, the bar is like completely blurry. Why? I'm gonna go try and find answers on google but I doubt i'll find one because how long the questions is... Someones please help me... 😕

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

An old wisdom in this business... install one add-on at a time, test it thoroughly, reboot your PC, test it again and then go to sleep.

The following day, should you already be bored with your latest (yesterday's) add-on, install the next one and again, test it thoroughly.

How do you expect to successfully trouble-shoot if you don't know what you've installed two days ago? Judging by your posts, you'll have to take it easy on the caffeine or whatever else it is you're consuming.
Slow down man and put one foot in front of the other.

Now seriously, considering your posts over the last few weeks, it seems to me that some parts of your OS are screwed up by now -- or at the very least your FSX.

Try a new install of FSX... but of course use the proper method of uninstalling it first. You might just be lucky and this will solve all your problems.
If not: Reformat your HDD and start from scratch. I know it's a pain in the neck but at the same time it's a damn good lesson. It'll teach you that computers are machines and therefore inferior to the human brain -- which translates into: They only do what we tell them to do. Seems to me that you and your PC have communication problems. Oh, and BTW, manuals have to be read thoroughly 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Ok I guess I do have to take it slower.

BUT I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION! XD

Here it is. Do you know where to get the texture bmp for CS 757 to fix the VC black windows problem? the file is : cs757_C_31 that needs to be replaced by a new one which I can't find ANYWHERE.

This is what I see when I go into the VC at this time: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa240/ramalski/757.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm willing to wager my herd of camels that you'll get it at CaptainSim.

You should know by now that once you've purchased a product, you're entitled to Free of Charge tech support.

Whenever I have a product specific problem, I visit the support forums of the developers. Saves me going around in circles.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Ok well I fixed the blurry bar on the screen when I press alt by a simple reinstall and now I still need to fix the captain sim problem. I checked every single post in captain sim section. 757 general. General forum. I tried looking on google for the file and couldn't find anything so I guess i'm screwed. Does anyone have the file for the VC fix for captain sim 757-200/300 that changes the bmp. files so that the windows aren't an opaque reflection of the cockpit... 🙂 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

From what I read it has to be replaced with cs757_C_31.dds
I found it on some questionable sites that I won't click on.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Yeah I know, that's the bmp I need. Can you please tell me the link?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just feed cs757_C_31.dds into Bing or Google.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

I tried that before and all that came up were forum questions including those words/numbers. I'll try again and see what happens.

Edit: Yeah, I was right, the only thing that came up were the forum discussions about that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Type captainsim knowledge base into Google.

The first result on the page will be: Captain Sim - Customer Support

click on that

I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Ok, I will now list what I am doing and have done to try and fix this blurry problem of mine when I press Alt.

1. I deleted every single folder of FSX and deleted the game itself
2. I now installed the game
3. I checked to see if the blurriness was there, it's gone. ( it's legible but still a bit blurry. Used to look like Chinese writing before I uninstalled it with SP2 ).
4. I installed SP1 from Microsoft.com download section and checked if the blurriness came back. ( No it did not so far ).
5. I installed SP2 from Microsoft.com download section and checked if the blurriness came back. (I started FSX, I got a fatal error, the game closed then opened again and the game started up. I went to see if I got the blurriness again and yes I did ).
NOTE: I also went into the settings page after I realized that I was having trouble when I installed SP2 and changed the settings to the best quality I could make for the game. I also messed around with Anti-Aliasing and Bilinear Tri etc… None of that helped at all. I still have an unreadable FSX in game toolbar.

Ok, so the problem seems to be when I install FSX SP2 English. I got it from the official website and when it finished downloading it said that the download was successful. Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find a solution for this because I have used SP2 forever and now all of a sudden it won't work and it blurs my toolbar in the game when I press "Alt" to view my FSX Toolbar.

Last edited by Derian on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I thought we were talking about the missing .dds file Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

I was talking about that and this problem as well 😀
Hahaha sorry to confuse you.
Do you have any idea why FSX SP2 is creating such trouble for me?

BTW, i'll check out the knowledge base as soon as I can fix this main problem first. 😛

BTW BTW, I saw some guy talking about some SP2 problems and how to fix them on this youtube video he wrote; "you have to uninstall SP2 and sp1 and put the FSX Installation CD and choose the repair option, not the reinstall...

Then you can install sp1 and sp2 again.. "

This was the solution to some other problem but i'll try it anyway and see if it fixes the blures. But wait, how do I uninstall SP1? When I go to remove a program on the control panel, all I see is FSX SP2 so I remove that, then when I refresh it, all I see is FSX, not FSX SP1. Any ideas on how to remove SP1?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Derian wrote:

Do you have any idea why FSX SP2 is creating such trouble for me?

I do indeed but won't reveal the secret until I have proof that you've dealt with the .dds file first.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

I didn't know you needed a Order number to get product help for this thing. I got it for free before I went on to buy it because of what i've heard about it being horrible. And that's all it is. I'll stick to my Level-D 767 =)

Anyway, I tried uninstalling sp2 and then using the repair tool on the fsx cd but that did nothing what so ever so I just reinstalled sp2 now and can't figure out how to get rid of this thing. I'm using windows 7 btw. 😕

EDIT!: Woot!!! I found the answer by messing with my settings. my graphics are picture perfect. Nvm that message I sent to you Radar. I turned on Anisotropic or however u spell it to x16, turned on Vertical sync

I turned on some stuff like texture quality to "Quality" and now all I have to say to fix this problem is go into your comp graphics settings and mess with some settings in there and it should work. I'm getting the best picture i've ever seen right now.. And I also turned on Vertex processing to Enable

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...