Flight Sim 2004

Pro Member Trainee
Edward Doyle (Fostle2) Trainee

I am new to Flight Sim and would like to know where to save my downloads? I have downloaded then direct to the program but when I come to use it the aircraft I have downloaded do not appear in the listed aircraft!! Can someone please advise me on the correct way to do this please ❓

Many thanks

Fostle 2

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Saving your downloads directly to the program is a bad idea.
When you download a file, save it to your Desktop - this is your working space. Next extract the contents of whatever .zip file you've downloaded with the inbuilt extraction tool. (Avoid WinZip because it can cause problems with Windows Explorer.)

All you have to do is right-click while pointing your cursor onto the .zip file and select Extract All... then just follow the prompts. Look for something like the ReadMe file or ReadMe.txt or installation instructions -- in short, read all the documentation first. By that time the author of the file has probably managed to explain how to install his creation.

If you need more detailed instructions, don't be shy to ask.

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

ill help him a bit more.. if you are downloading them from sites like this, flightsim.com or avsim etc usually they come in *.zip files and most come with a file within it showing the name of the plane...basically copy that folder into your c:/program files/microsoft games/flight sim 9/aircraft directory and you are done...there are some others that you have to do it backwards just to get it working...

there are others that come in *.exe files, those are actual executable file that are copied on to your registry and automatically set up to work in youre game no sweat...

that should help

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...