Asking a PC perfromance question (YAWN) I know i know

Pro Member Trainee
pullice Trainee

Maybe you guys can help me?

A few years ago just when the quad cores came out here in south africa I was the first person to buy it from one of our local stores. But until now something is just not right. I cant play FSX to its maximum graphics. Maybe you guys can pick up the fault or maybe something in my PC is not inter connecting with something or ?????. I must have sent it back a few times and those techs are bunch of idiots. Eventually I got fed up and just left it.

this is what i have

windows xp home edition 2002 service pack 2
intel core 2 quad CPU
2.4GH
1 GB RAM
NVIDEA GFORCE 8800 GX ( i think the 512 specs ) something like that

I still have trouble with stuttering while playing FSX and other high graphis games.

can someone help me?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Alright well, to tell you the truth man... I have a Dell 580 desktop, 8gb ram, hd graphics card, i dunno the stupid name or # I.e. 5720... anyways, 3ghz, 600gb hdd, windows 7 -64 bit I3 PC. And I can run only a captain sim 757, Flight environment X, Sound Environment X, and MAX graphics possible, on a stormy day and get Max 10 FPS... So, with your 1gb ram and such, it wouldn't be hard to understand why you are getting bad frames with all the settings set on MAX.

Now when i'm not using any payware or ANYTHING, just the defaut fsx stuff with max settings, I can get unlimited frames.

Anyways, If I were you, maybe buy a new I7 920 pc with a good graphics card. If you're looking for graphics cards, just search around on the internet/youtube, you'll find some.

FSX is a very demanding game on your pc. Also, make sure you have the SP1 and 2 for FSX. If you don't, google Microsoft FSX sp1 and you'll find it.

Does anyone know what part of my pc I could upgrade to get better FPS, that would be nice.

Pro Member Trainee
pullice Trainee

Could you recommend me a good graphics card?
I know there are alot of graphics cards around and I dont know which one kick ass? Can you name a few please so I know what to look for?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It seems to me that your amount of RAM are the priority here. 1GB? Better check again.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Nvidia GTX 295, the 200 series itself is very nice from what i've seen.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_family.html

Pro Member Trainee
pullice Trainee

Ok.. i bought myself another 2 G ram... let me test this stuff out.. i was thinking my ram is slightly small

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

4-6 ram and your set

Pro Member Trainee
pullice Trainee

I got 3 ram in total..wow i can play with all sliders to full 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Derian wrote:

4-6 ram and your set

Since when does Windows XP Home support 4-6 Gigs of RAM?

pullice good to hear things have improved 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Woops sorry Tail, I forgot about that. So used to everyone having W7!
😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No problem... it's all about reading the OP.

...and it's Hook -- not Tail... His Eminence Professor Hook to you Bow Down

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Hahahaha, my bad master! ROFL 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...