Basic scenery questions

Pro Member Trainee
Sullyvan Trainee

I am an FS9 relative beginner with marginal computer skills. Why is it that whenever I download or purchase add-on scenery it looks great from on high, but upon flying low level it appears unfocused and spotty?? - or am I purchasing bad products. Secondly - Is there a quality add-on to enhance the Florida Keys?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

If you could tell us what scenery you bought we might be able to help but it's probably your settings in FS (i just can't get my Imaginesim KATL to stop shimmering) , as for Florida there is a download available called Freeflow Florida which enhances the State. I don't know if it's in the files here or not but it is available elsewhere and it's freeware!

Pro Member Trainee
Sullyvan Trainee

It makes no difference what I purchase or download, low level is always spotted and out of focus. I tried Free Flow Florida. It works well with the big cities like Miami, but the Keys are not enen connected to one another.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Technically the FLorida Keys AREN'T attached to each other... 😉 Unless you count US 1...

But that having been said, FreeFlow Florida is the universal standard for the entire state including the keys. Also check your texture settings, especially resolution for the tiles. I would be willing to bet that may help.

If you are REAL good at modding the fs9.cfg there are a couple extra tweaks you can do to reduce blurring and spottiness. I won't go into those unless you really really want to know.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

Most scenery is usually photo-realistic. This has to do with pixelation. Ever take a picture that looks great however if you zoom in on it on a computer it looks like a bunch of squares? well that's the case with photo-realistic scenery. When your higher in the air you can view 100x more pixels than you could on the ground making the image much more better. But hey you're in the air most of the time in FS anyways.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...