away fro the airport and flight plan gets canceled
by ATC radar service terminated!
any idea why is this happening?
thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hi Beroun, this i'm afraid is one of those really annoying FS9 glitches that happen quite often! It ALWAYS happens to me when i fly to KLAX from a certain direction and i end up finding my own way in, it's one of those things we have to live with, unfortunately Evil or Very Mad !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I concur with Welshflyer. Try approaching LOWW (Vienna) from the west in a 'heavy'. ATC is incapable to vector you in... following ATC precisely, you'll end up parallel to the RWY but about half a mile off. You'll end up declaring 'missed approach' and this is where the fun starts.
Being a good boy, I always do as I'm told... ergo, I follow ATC instructions (again). ATC sends me around in a WIDE circle and loses the plot (yet again)... you can do this all day, I did it for a couple of hours then quit. Pulled up the map and found that I'd been send around the same circle again and again, crossing into Hungarian and Czech airspace.

Now, whenever and wherever this happens, I just quit ATC and do my own navigating on approach.
Needless to say, to add to the fun, more often than not there'll be an aircraft on the RWY waiting for TO clearance ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Many thanks gents.
I am glad I am not alone🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...