flight planner

Pro Member Trainee
mkaz Trainee

Does anyone know if i can make a IFR flight plan from eg: kennedy intl to lax however stopping and landing at different airports on the way and then carry on to lax?
If yes how? 😕

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

You can't add stops to your flightplan. You'll just have to file and individual plan for each leg on the way.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

mkaz wrote:

Does anyone know if i can make a IFR flight plan from eg: kennedy intl to lax however stopping and landing at different airports on the way and then carry on to lax?
If yes how? 😕

mkaz,

Once you create the flight plan JFK to LAX then click 'find route' before saving, drag the 'line' to the different stops on the map you want to land or make a waypoint. The stops should show on the right side of the plan. then save that plan. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
mkaz Trainee

Once you create the flight plan JFK to LAX then click 'find route' before saving, drag the 'line' to the different stops on the map you want to land or make a waypoint. The stops should show on the right side of the plan. then save that plan

I know how to make waypoints via airports...however im talking about IFR when ATC instructs you through takeoff to final at destination. I was wondering if IFR could guide me through takeoff's and landings to several destinations in one flight plan. EG:An IFR flight plan - JFK to LAX and stopping over at different airports on the way.

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

I know how to make waypoints via airports...however im talking about IFR when ATC instructs you through takeoff to final at destination. I was wondering if IFR could guide me through takeoff's and landings to several destinations in one flight plan. EG:An IFR flight plan - JFK to LAX and stopping over at different airports on the way.

Maybe FlightSim Commander: https://www.simshack.net/products/using-msfs-electronic-flight-planner-tutorial-735 However it is payware.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

mkaz wrote:

Once you create the flight plan JFK to LAX then click 'find route' before saving, drag the 'line' to the different stops on the map you want to land or make a waypoint. The stops should show on the right side of the plan. then save that plan

I stand on my last statement above.

The only way to do it is to file a plan to each individual airport you want to stop at on the way.

I don't know whether there are any programs out there that can do what you want .

Flyboy92

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

mkaz wrote:

If yes how? 😕

Maybe this article from FlightSim.com would be helpful: How To...Fly An Airliner, Including ILS Approach, In FSX http://www.flightsim.com/main/howto/ils.htm
Says 'Airliner' but could be applied to any aircraft with NAV and COM radio panels.

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

I just ran into this same scenario. I had a round trip Flight from Miami to Pensacola with a stop over in Tampa. Using Flyboy's recommendation here's how I accomplished this without interruption.

Prior to my push-back at Miami, I created four flight plans. I made sure I remembered the gate numbers at each destination. I created each leg of the flight (KMIA-KTPA, KTPA-KPNS, and then the return flights in reverse order).

As I arrived at a destination, I saved the flight and went into the flight planner from the menu (File>Flight Planner).

I loaded the flight plan for the next leg of the flight.

When it asked if I wanted it to put the aircraft at the new airport, I said NO. This left my aircraft in exactly the same location and time as when I paused and saved the game.

I then contacted ATC and requested clearance to the new IFR destination.

Works like a champ and the entire flight is all one flight in your logbook.

Hope that helps!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...