FS Planner

Pro Member Trainee
redjay Trainee

Im sure i have read about this before on here (i havent visited for a while), but i find it really annoying when using the flight planner for transatlantic routes and the planner comes up with some ridiculous routes. (route via alaska for lhr to jfk or via brazil for uk to caribbean flights!) I know you can take delete sections from the plan to achieve accurate routes but is there an easier way, ie a bug fix (unlikely) or some external software which would allow me to import flight plans??

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I believe there is some external payware that you can use. GPS-Kid did a nice review of it I think, I'll try to find a link for you. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There we go, I found it. Have a look at this:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4606/flight-sim-commander-7/

Hope it helps 😀

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Ths is a real limitation of the FS Planner. You can either use a GPS Direct route... or you can select a High Alt route (which gives those crazy routes you mentioned - especially when crossing the Atlantic), THEN.... use the Delete Waypoint button to delete all of the unnecessary waypoints until those that are left are more direct in getting to your destination.

The other option of course, is to do what 99jolegg mentioned and get one of the after-market Flight Planners like FS Commander 7 - these allow a MIX of routing types and wont give you crazy routes!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...