Frame Rates

Pro Member Trainee
diggitydog Trainee

Aproximatley how many fps does it take untill the jerky approaches are smoothed out? I am getting about 8 or 9 on my approach and find it difficult to adjust elevator trim for a smooth approach. What other advantages would one find if the fps were increased to say about 30plus?
Thanks..

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you get to something above 15-19 fps the craft should be smooth, higher is very cool.

It takes a good card and the right driver. One of the late model ATI (9700) and up would be great.

The other advantages, if your machine is powerful and you have at least 512mb ram, you could max out all of the visual properties.
It's a very graphic intensive Sim.

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

So what would you recommend for my configuration?

Athlon XP3000+, 1024 MB Ram and Ati Radeon 9600 Pro.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you don't have the latest video driver clean out your old one and load the latest.
That's a nice machine, better than mine, max out all the visuals in settings.

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I am using the Nvidia 128mb and 512DDR memory and everything at max level (except aircraft shadow) and FS9 look cool with 21fps average

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

how do you find out your FPS?

Pro Member Trainee
diggitydog Trainee

Ghost 22 , use shift key+Z key . Press once for cordinates, press second time for frame rates, press third time for all info, press fourth to return to normal.

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

ok, thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...