Installing FSX on MAC Desktop

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I am in the process of trying to decide on a new desktop. I am leaning towards a MAC because I have been using it quite a bit recently and like how it performs. I am also tired of PC. I have the FSX software and I want to set it up with the MAC whenever I purchase it. What software tools can I use to make the switch without additional cables? Is the migration process a feasible option? I am guessing FSX will only run efficiently with Windows Vista/7.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'll need Bootcamp, check it out for W7-64bit compatibility.
Be sure to get a good video card.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

What would be the best video card?

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

You'll need Bootcamp, check it out for W7-64bit compatibility.
Be sure to get a good video card.

Radar

Do you mean Windows 7 64-bit? Thanks.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

We have just posted an article about running FSX on a Mac:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4665/

Charles Griffiths Guest

I've been a Mac user for over three years, and an avid desktop (B-Class Captain) with FS for many years. Modern-day Macs have no problem with FSX as they have the capacity to handle all aspects.

Partition your MAC (very easy - just type in Bootcamp in the top L/H cnr and you'll find simple step-by-step instructions). Once partitioned, load WINDOWS, (XP is probably best), then load your FSX. You should find FSX will run much better than a "normal" PC. One word of caution: There can be conflicts with your internet settings (between the MAC and WINDOWS side), and I've found that your provider may not be up to sorting it out! Use Safari on both sides!

Alternatively, load Windows via Parallels - again, step-by-step guide is on your MAC. In this way, you can easily switch from one to the other, as both are on the same partition.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...