Help with invisible planes, missing gauges ...

Pro Member Trainee
schriver2 Trainee

Hello, we have flight simulator gold with acceleration X installed. I've installed several military aircraft including the "FSX Prowler MiG 15 Prowler"
and another MiG. Most work just fine and you can see the gauges/cockpit from the inside of the plane.

However, both these MIG's and a few other planes were missing the cockpit/gauges. It was as though the plane was invisible when looking from the inside.

I am wondering what is wrong. I discovered that pressing keypad 0 makes the guages pop up. So, the files seem like they are there. But if you simply select the plane and then "Fly Now", the plane appears without any gauges when selecting the cockpit view. Regards Dave

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
James Charles (spudkiss) Trainee

have you accepted all guage warning that show up after you selected aircraft you have to do that in order to have the gauges working. if it is payware did you see if it was a demo most payware demos limit you to certain parts of the aircraft. also i have found it easier to take out the fsx.cfg file rather then installing your aircraft again.

P.S. does your default aircraft do the same if so maybe a graphics card issue make sure you have updated all your drivers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Make sure that they are for FSX.
Open the download again and this time put the contents of the gauge folder into the main gauge folder.
Check out the readme.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

schriver2 wrote:

Hello, we have flight simulator gold with acceleration X installed. I've installed several military aircraft including the "FSX Prowler MiG 15 Prowler"
and another MiG. Most work just fine and you can see the gauges/cockpit from the inside of the plane.

However, both these MIG's and a few other planes were missing the cockpit/gauges. It was as though the plane was invisible when looking from the inside.

I am wondering what is wrong. I discovered that pressing keypad 0 makes the guages pop up. So, the files seem like they are there. But if you simply select the plane and then "Fly Now", the plane appears without any gauges when selecting the cockpit view. Regards Dave

I have said it a thousand times stay away from Mark Rooks and his megalomaniac tendencies... from the file description:

FSX Prowler MiG 15 "Prowler". A modified version of the MiG 15 model by Jean-Pierre Langer, Jean-Pierre Bourgeois and Benoit M. Dube for Flight Simulator X. This aircraft has been modified for FSX. Textures are typical Russian camo paint scheme with new flight dynamics and a new .cfg, .air file and panel puts this proud MiG 15 back in the sky. Modified by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.

Modified by Mark Rooks - there lies your problem. Nothing he has ever 'modified' actually works. Stay away from his 'creations' and you won't need to pray to Jesus for your headaches to disappear. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...