AIRPORT ISSUES!!! Please Help

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

I installed two flytampa airports today, Tampa and Buffalo, but both installed well and work well, they just overlap the default ones, awkward airports, double vision runways, it's pretty annoying and i don't know how to disable the default ones.
They aren't in the scenery library that i can see

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Isn't Tampa Bay FS2002 and 2004? 😕

Pro Member First Officer

GundamWZero wrote:

Isn't Tampa Bay FS2002 and 2004? 😕

No it's for 2004 and X, cause it works perfect and looks awesome, it just overlaps my default Tampa.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

truckernick wrote:

Which ones, the default or the FlyTampa ones?
If you can't see the FlyTampa airports in your Settings - Scenery Library, you might have to activate them manually.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Which ones, the default or the FlyTampa ones?
If you can't see the FlyTampa airports in your Settings - Scenery Library, you might have to activate them manually.

Both airports are there, only the addon one is overlapping the default one.
Like on the runway you can see the new runway and the default one.
Overlapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

truckernick wrote:

Both airports are there...

I've read you the first time... but have you read me?

"There..." - WHERE?

Did you actually check your Settings - Scenery Library list for those airports as I suggested?
Because... if they are NOT listed, you will have to ACTIVATE them manually.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Both airports are there...

I've read you the first time... but have you read me?

"There..." - WHERE?

Did you actually check your Settings - Scenery Library list for those airports as I suggested?
Because... if they are NOT listed, you will have to ACTIVATE them manually.

All of the Flytampa airports are activated in my scenery, I did activate them, I have Boston, Tampa, and Buffalo all activated in My scenery, but doing so does not deactivate the default airports that are being replaced.
So both default and add-on airports exist in the game.
New Fly Tampa Buffalo intl overlaps the default fsx Buffalo intl, same goes for Boston KBOS and Tampa KTPA

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now you're talking.

You may have missed the following on page 7 of the included PDF doc of the FlyTampa KBUF scenery:

Windows 7 users may encounter a slight difficultly adding scenery to the Flight Simulator
database manually.
After clicking 'OK', nothing will happen; you'll have to click the RIGHT mouse button in a
clear area within the file selection window.
Bill Womack provided an excellent video tutorial showing how to add scenery within
Windows 7.

I run XP so there's no problem for me but your new Alienware rig is bound to be equipped with W7.
It's worth trying - let us know if it solves the problem.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Now you're talking.

You may have missed the following on page 7 of the included PDF doc of the FlyTampa KBUF scenery:

Windows 7 users may encounter a slight difficultly adding scenery to the Flight Simulator
database manually.
After clicking 'OK', nothing will happen; you'll have to click the RIGHT mouse button in a
clear area within the file selection window.
Bill Womack provided an excellent video tutorial showing how to add scenery within
Windows 7.

I run XP so there's no problem for me but your new Alienware rig is bound to be equipped with W7.
It's worth trying - let us know if it solves the problem.

Yes I do indeed have W7, but this isn't my problem, cause see i figured this out after a couple times trying to figure out why it did that.
But it doesn't fix my airport being layered on top of each other.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well, that's all I've got Nick. It has crossed my mind that possibly your KBUF install clashes with some sort of environmental add-on you've got installed such as landclass and whatever else there is.

Anyhow, at this stage I wouldn't hesitate to contact the FlyTampa support and ask for their advice.

at menorca there is two runways. one out of service
the taxiway signs come up in the middle of the aerosoft taxiways!!!
menorca hasnt got its own sub-folder in default so if i try and delete the area that its in i could make the whole computer crash Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Ass Wall Bashing Ass

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...