FSX Loading Slow

Pro Member Trainee
johnr4330 Trainee

When I start the FSX sim it can take ant where from 1 to 7 minutes to load. What is going on. I have an HP AMD X4 and have 8 gig of ram. Any ideas. Please help.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First, defrag!

You also may have too many aircraft, scenery etc that slow up the loading. If you can delete any add-ons do so.

To be honest, I would just stick to the defrag and be happy that FSX works and not touch anything else.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
johnr4330 Trainee

I have only downloaded 4 planes and one mission. I ran defrag and the program still opens very slow. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have 7,200 or 5,400 rpm hard drives.

What video card do you have.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Its the hard drive.

Invest in a SSD (Solid State Drive) for FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Yeah try not to download too much... It may seem like a great idea at the time but eventually you get like me and have over 60 gigs worth of FSX crap taking up valuable hd space, half of which I don't even fly or fly TO anymore.

ZambiblasianOgre Guest

My FSX doesn't run good, here are my specs:

Windows XP Professional 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.79Ghz (64bit)
114GB Hard Drive
1.02GB RAM (1022 MB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
I have DirectX 10

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

ZambiblasianOgre wrote:

My FSX doesn't run good, here are my specs:

Windows XP Professional 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.79Ghz (64bit)
114GB Hard Drive
1.02GB RAM (1022 MB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
I have DirectX 10

Your problems are highlighted in bold...... 😎

pilot663 Guest

Same problem with my Copy of FSX here are my species AMD Athlon II X2 250u processer 1.60 ghz
Installed memorey ram 3.00 gb and i am running windows 7 ultmate 64bit service pack 1 and i dont know why its running slow because when i got the game it ran fine but now it takes umm about 2 min too load Surprised

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...