I want to repaint all my planes in Flightsim x

Pro Member Trainee
Phil Moore (PJMofBC) Trainee

Any suggestions on which program I can get thats easy to learn. I would like to repaint my planes

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Easy to learn, but the quality of the repaints you'll make are poor.

If you wan't good looking repaints, you'll have to put in some time and effort into learning a program like Adobe Photoshop reading tutorials.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Here is what I do...

Download dxtbmp. You will need it to convert files from the format they are in to a format you can use.

Use photoshop to edit.

save, then convert a copy of it back to its orginal format in dxtbmp. Be sure to keep the alpha layer intact, as most planes need this to denote what is shiny, transparent, etc.

Below is an example of Dino Cattaneo's tomcat redone in VF-143 Pukin Dogs' colors.

As you can see, it is also my desktop image.

Here is another shot.

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

There's now a plugin for Photoshop where you don't have to download dxtbmp.

I'm sorry, but I'm not at my regular computer to tell you where I found it, but I did find it rather easily.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...