AFD crashes Game

Gorfiend Guest

I created a new Airport just to test something but as long as the .AFD-file exists it instantly crashes the game. If I delete this file .. all is fine .. the place has actually nothing expect of the basic information and one Runway .. so I have no Idea what excatly causes the error.

using:
FS 2002
for creating: FSSC 1.5.11 (setting in options is on "using FS 2002")

thanks for help
Gorfiend

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It seems the simple thing to do is to get rid of the offending file, it wasn't made properly.
Try with a new one.

Radar

Gorfiend Guest

ok, it seems I was a bit unprecise..

I have 2 Airports .. a greater one (which has the same Problem) and this small one (the testport to get rid of this Problem).
So I tryed X-times to change minor things and recreated the AFD-file .. on my mainport I actually delete this file everytime so that I can further work on the Airport (If I don't delete the file I have a 100% chance to Crash the game .. so recreating don't work).

The problem is that (If I'm correct informed) the AFD-file contains the Surface-information of the hole place (so on my main place everything expect of the Runway feals like taxiing on Grass).

Thanks,
Gorfiend

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your changing "things" and it doesn't work, maybe you don't have enough information to do such work.
2002 is a tough one to repair because most sites have migrated to 2004 and FSX.

I never used 2002, if you drop in disk #1 will it do a repair.

Radar

Gorfiend Guest

With changing things I ment for example try without runway .. or different surface types or no tower .. so I changed things on the field layout to figure out which one causes the problem.

A repair wouldn't work because I tryed on different systems and from different CD's .. so I don't think that the game itself causes this error.

P.S. what do you mean with not enough information?

thanks
Gorfiend

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download and read the first two.

http://www.simviation.com/fsdesign_scenery1.htm

Radar

Gorfiend Guest

Sorry for late reply ..

I tryed the older version of FSSC as you recommended, but I coulndn't figure out how to create BGL/AFD.bgl.
If I use the compile option (export BGL and AFD) he asks me for the position of scasm ... scasm found ... Programm created .sca data.
So how could I create the AFD to figure out if it works with this version.

thanks
Gorfiend

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have never tried these, they were recommended to me by a friend who builds scenery for FSX.

He uses different software of course but this is what he was told works for 2002.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...