MY DISC WONT WORK

Flightsimman Guest

I tried to install Flight Sim 2004 to my vista and i got through all the installations and then as soon as it finished i clicked play and it said "Please insert Disc 4 and click OK to reset the application". Thing is though. That the disc is already in and spinning away in the disc driver.
If any1 no's how to fix this or wat to do please tell me ASAP because i dont wont to hav to keep putting up with it on my dads laptop with him smoking next to me constantly

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the 2004 crack, it's available for download here but you have to be a member.
Google for it, there are two.
One for unpatched versions and one for patched versions.
Use the correct one and you don't have to put disk 4 into the caddy any more.

Radar

So wait how do i find it mate? I reeally wanna get this thing working and download sum militia aircraft and play multiplayer

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Google for it.
If patched look for fs9 2004 no-cd 9.1.
If not patched look for fs9 no-cd patch.

Radar

they dont work all it keeps doing is saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Common error message, good luck with the reinstall.
Be sure to clean the registry before the reinstall.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

they dont work all it keeps doing is saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Forget about Re-installing the application may fix this problem. - that's just Microsoft babble.

Check out these two pages:

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msvcr70/19725/

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr70

Neither work. First 1 jst tells u wat it is and second just keeps tellin me to free scan every time i click the install DLL files.

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Neither work. First 1 jst tells u wat it is and second just keeps tellin me to free scan every time i click the install DLL files.

Search each disc - find MSVCR70.dll , copy it , and paste it to your FS9 modules file - that may solve your problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

If you READ the way you WRITE I am not surprised things don't work. I have just downloaded the file from the second link I gave you without a problem...

Fredericia sorry to disappoint you but for FS9 to work, the MSVCR70.dll has to be placed into the Flight Simulator 9 *Main Directory* - NOT the Modules folder.

Now back to you Guest - some kind of a name would be nice so we know who we are talking to Idea

I have uploaded my MSVCR70.dll for you, now go and get it ❗ Click on this link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6sz0f

Next, click on where it says -->Download Link: msvcr70.zip --- and DON'T click anywhere else - you hear me?

Right, once you've downloaded msvcr70.zip, extract the contents and you'll find the msvcr70.dll file.

Next: Copy and Paste the .dll file into your Flight Simulator 9 Main Directory.
Try to run the game. If it still doesn't work, Copy and Paste the .dll file again into your system32 folder.

If your Operating System is either Windows XP, Vista or W7, the path is:

C:\Windows\System32

For older OSes the paths are:

C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me)

C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000)

When you Paste the .dll file into your System32 folder, you might be asked to 'overwrite' -- YES, do overwrite.

Last step, reboot your computer and run the game.

Now I don't want you to come back here and say "...it don't work..."

I want you to come back and say: "Thank you, problem solved because I followed your advice to READ which enabled me to follow the instructions."

Failing that, I'd suggest you ask Jesus for a miracle and persuade him to let you coast through life without the essential skill of literacy.
Amen.

It didnt work hows 'bout that. I downloaded it - I explored the file - I copied and pasted it into both FS9 and System32 - I rebooted the computor and it didnt work. Explain that will you.!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

It didnt work hows 'bout that.

I can't say I'm surprised.

I downloaded it

from where

I explored the file

how did you explore it and why would you explore it ❓

I copied and pasted it into both FS9

where in FS9 ❓

and System32

which path did you use... what's your OS ❓

Explain and answer those questions, won't you. Don't expect another reply from me though - I've wasted enough time.

Ask your parents to teach you some common courtesies such as 'my name is, please and thank you'.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

ROFL

Tailhook you always manage to make me crack up, it's amazing how thick people can be sometimes! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...