just disc 4

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Is it possible to just purchase disc 4 of FS9? I want to give him flight simulator for his birthday, and I'm going to give him a copy of mine directory. (I'll compress it and put it on CDs) So all he needs is the run disc.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

get a no-cd crack

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Discussing piracy here is a no-no. The purpose of the no_cd crack is as a convenience for honest owners of FS9, not to enable people to pass it around freely. And what kind of gift is pirated software anyway? Lousy.

Radar has posted legitimate ways to buy FS9 really cheap, so look into that. In any case, don't turn Flyaway into a place to share tips about how to steal warez.

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Install it in his pc with a no-cd crack mypilot and give him a cd with something else he also likes(music or another game or a movie).This way gonna make him happy in double... 😉

Guest Ed Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

Install it in his pc with a no-cd crack mypilot and give him a cd with something else he also likes(music or another game or a movie).This way gonna make him happy in double... 😉

And that would still be software piracy. If you want to give someone a gift, shake loose some cash and BUY a gift. Don't give him stolen property.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes its true that in a way maybe its piracy.But most of us use the no-cd crack...isnt this a kind of piracy?No-cd crack isnt including in FS copies...so?.
With the same logic we must never get an audio cd and give it to a friend of us to hear it.And i think that we all not so innocent guys in front of piracy....Im not...Are you?(i mean for all)Yes it is forbidden to discuss it here in this forums and we all clearly understand the reasons but i think that we all have at least a CD-RW drive in our system...Why we have it?Only for Back ups?

Another important reason for me is that my-pilot is a great 12-13 years old child,so spending some cash maybe its out of his capabilities so i have in my mind a save money solution which will make both childs happy .Maybe i was wrong...

Im open to corrections and further discussion and of course im not offensive to you guest-ed or to you my friend Rick.Piracy is a very sensitive point and its very easy to put fire in discussions about it(something that i dont like it at all ❗ )

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It isn't piracy to use the no-cd crack if you actually own a legitimate copy of FS. It becomes piracy when you install that copy of FS on more than one computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

It isn't piracy to use the no-cd crack if you actually own a legitimate copy of FS. It becomes piracy when you install that copy of FS on more than one computer.

This is your your explanation and i respect it...All of us can give to piracy the meaning we like...and this happens cause thinks are not very clear from the side of the law.There are a lot of grey areas.
But although, i havent see anywhere writen a warning which sais ''Not installed to other pcs except yours''...For example if i have installed fs to my jobs pc and to my homes also this is piracy?Allow me to disagriee with you in this point.I dont think that every time we want to install a game a software or something in other pcs from ours we buy new ones.

And im warning...I dont like to put fire in this forum from this discussion...We can continue discusing it in the decent way we already use.

Friendly 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Read the EULA. Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have ...But maybe i havent get it clear...maybe... 😉 Or you didnt get me...Im asking something very clear.Did you bye new copies of software or games everytime you want to install them to another pcs than yours?Answer for yourself.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I may be getting too legalistic here, but my understanding is that if you buy one copy of FS, you may install it on one computer and use it. If I get a new computer, I may install it on the new computer as long as I either remove it from the old one or trash the old one.

There are some folks who say as long as you are only using one installed FS at any given time, it is not a violation of the terms of the EULA. For example, someone has FS on both his desktop and laptop computers and uses only one at any given time.

I may have missed it, but I see nothing in the EULA that says that is permitted.

For myself, I have one copy of FS and it is installed on only one computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ok...I admire you for following excactly what EULA sais and im not ironic to you...I mean it...and i appriciate it. Clap

I have to admit that im not so good guy and sometimes i break Ninja EULAs terms....
I apologise if ,at the end,you think that my proposal to mypilot was an ilegal one ,and maybe it is,but my only thought was to help.I wish most of us be like you CrashGordon and not only to cases like piracy but in general to our lives. 👍

Friendly to you 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is from the EULA in the root folder of the Flight Sim FS9.

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:

· Applications Software. You may only install, access, and run ("RUN") one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any prior version of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for the same operating system, on a single personal computer, ("COMPUTER") for your personal, noncommercial use. If not prevented by copy protection technology, the primary user of the COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive and personal noncommercial use on a portable computer.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...