GPS Waypoints

Budsie175 Guest

New to this. Can't get any waypoints other than nearest airports. Seems no matter which way I turn either dial, that is all I get. Any Thoughts?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

Can't anyone help an old guy out? Somebody must know how to work the GPS

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

Can't anyone help an old guy out? Somebody must know how to work the GPS

Did you create a flight plan and include waypoints in the plan?

Budsie175 Guest

No, I am just doing short hops in the J-3 Cub. That's what I started in back in 1950 by a corn field in Iowa.
Perhaps you could explain if I can just enter a certain field not too far from base and how I would do that.

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

First create a flight plan using 'Create a Flight' using FS2004. Make the plan from airport 'A' to Airport 'B'. Once the map appears 'drag' the line to the location where want to create a waypoint between the two airports, give the waypoint a 'name'. Save the created flight. Also a neat free add on for flight plan called Plan G with offers more options. Plan G: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Thanks much. That helped a lot. Too bad my J-3 doesn't have autopilot too.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...