Nah, I'll stick with FSX

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

From the pics so far, this game seems to (how could I say) arcade-ish, like a console game or something, it remind me of that Heroes of the pacific game. I just think FSX looks so much better. Makes for a better simulation.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

How can you possibly know? There's hardly any information out yet, other than screenshots and videos that show nothing more than graphics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

X-Plane 10 doesn't seem half that, the DEFAULT autogen looks like it's going to blow FSX out of the water, it's on par/if not better than Orbx autogen, and that's DEFAULT!! So that's the space to watch, unless Flight turns out to be somewhat decent, can't expect much from MS though.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

X-plane 9's got great graphics, but if the cockpits are still terrible in version 10 it's pointless.

Pro Member First Officer

The thing about it though, is that it's not even made by the same company in Microsoft, since they shut down.
So with how far ACES or whatever it was called has come with fs, how could they possibly make it any better.

FunktasticLucky Guest

Easily... By rewriting the engine so that it takes advantage of the PhysX on Nvidia Graphics cards to relieve some of the stress off the CPU. The CPU in FSX is so busy calculating everything for flight that it doesn't have time to send out requests for other things (which is why it's FPS is so low) to streamline the process. Maybe if they rewrote the Engine (which is said to be designed from the ground up) to take advantage of modern computers we would be running much faster.

Pro Member Trainee
Bedgie Trainee

It has been confirmed that M$ Flight you will be limited to Hawaii only at this stage.
There will be NO 3rd party add-on support so you are stuck with what it ships with and that's it,
No REX, Gex, Orbx, FTX, VATsim, Ultimate traffic, Captain sim AC, VRS AC, Aerosoft AC just to name a few. They are not supported in M$ Flight at all.
and to top it all off you will also need an Xbox live account.
(to download at a cost extra scenery or other aircraft when ever it comes available or you earn enough points.)

My opinion yes it does look very arcade-ish but I think that's what Micro$oft are after.
They are chasing the gamer market purely and simple for profit that's all,
they couldn't give 2 hoots about the sim fans they just see $$.
But in saying that this will be M$ Flight's downfall. As Gamers will grow very tired of this quickly as they are limited to Hawaii, they cant shoot up things, nothing blows up every 5 seconds and if the crash effects are like FSX this will only speed up its demise.

Sim fans will more than likely boycott the product because of the limited area of Hawaii, the pay as you play game style hence the Xbox live account, the overall game play as it is not a sim and the main one being the No 3rd party add-ons support.

P.S. The stuff in bold is from Micro$oft directly and I have also withdrawn from the Beta testing of M$ Flight in disgust.

Pro Member First Officer

Bedgie wrote:

It has been confirmed that M$ Flight you will be limited to Hawaii only at this stage.
There will be NO 3rd party add-on support so you are stuck with what it ships with and that's it,
No REX, Gex, Orbx, FTX, VATsim, Ultimate traffic, Captain sim AC, VRS AC, Aerosoft AC just to name a few. They are not supported in M$ Flight at all.
and to top it all off you will also need an Xbox live account.
(to download at a cost extra scenery or other aircraft when ever it comes available or you earn enough points.)

My opinion yes it does look very arcade-ish but I think that's what Micro$oft are after.
They are chasing the gamer market purely and simple for profit that's all,
they couldn't give 2 hoots about the sim fans they just see $$.
But in saying that this will be M$ Flight's downfall. As Gamers will grow very tired of this quickly as they are limited to Hawaii, they cant shoot up things, nothing blows up every 5 seconds and if the crash effects are like FSX this will only speed up its demise.

Sim fans will more than likely boycott the product because of the limited area of Hawaii, the pay as you play game style hence the Xbox live account, the overall game play as it is not a sim and the main one being the No 3rd party add-ons support.

P.S. The stuff in bold is from Micro$oft directly and I have also withdrawn from the Beta testing of M$ Flight in disgust.

Exactly, I read about that. Thank god for FSX, because it's highly likely to be the last good/realistic flight simulation software to be made. MF is going to fail miserably I guarantee it. Won't make near as much money as fsx did either, so there's another mistake from Microsoft when there after money. Plus MF so far seems like something like heroes of the pacific, or on of those games. Nothing compatible to FSX fs9 and so on. I'd take MFS2002 over MF.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...