Display is choppy - Upgrades or Settings?

Vintage77 Guest

I need help figuring out how to improve my computer performance when using FSX. My current computer hardware is:
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL=60 2.0 GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
32 Bit Operating System (Windows Vista Home Premium) with Service Pack 2

Display Adaptor: ATI Radeon X1250

My displays seem "choppy", even with the resolution set to low. Any ideas for upgrading hardware or changing settings would be appreciated.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

For now reset your settings, you do need a better setup.

Radar

What exactly do I need to reset? Also, how can you tell if you have service pack 1, service pack 2, or FSX acceleration installed?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not highly rated at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-1501-Battery-Premium/dp/B000Q1593G

I wouldn't put more money into it.
Laptops like this aren't made for gaming, especially high FPS games like FSX.

Turn down autogen as far as you can stand it, AI should be off, shadows off and scenery low.
If you bought FSX gold you have Acceleration built in along with SP1 and SP2.
You can download and install SP! and SP2 if they don't show up in your control panels programs.

You should get them by download or by buying Acceleration.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...