Best setup for the best scenery while flying

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

I am new to this slight sim but would like some general information about setups.  I am using a old Dell XPS running Vista and the install went fine.  I am using an old samsong tv as my display. Its a 40 inch 16:9 1080i display.  My graphics card is a AMD and I am real happy with the cockpit  display instruments are real clear and sharp.  While I am flying and looking out front the scenery is pixeltized that is undtil I get very close say to an airport or downtown then they clear up but not sharp. I realize I dont have the latest and greatest and have been trying to switch some sliders and get the best display.  So question number one is this normal and I am expecting too much for out the window distance pictures and question number 2 is am I trying to improve the picture by changing settings in display on the Dell or changing the display on the tv if I can or the flight sym settings which are quite a few?  Where I am at now the flt sim menue to set up flights is only about 1/4 the size of the screen until I say Fly Now then the whole screen fills up, not sure if this is normal or if the small setup screen is wrong?

Thanks Sterk03

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Being pixeltized is usually a sign that your video card isn't then latest nor the strongest.
Your CPU is also not the best.
Try flying in window mode and see how the scenery looks.
A few of the slides eat most of the computer.
Autogen, AI, shadows and clouds.
If you want perfection (don't we all) then buy the strongest and best machine that $ can buy.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

Ok my bad but what do you mean by windows mode for test of scenery???? I know my unit is old but I will give you the specs in a few but they would have been current when this  FS9 came out so to me it should have been ok.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...