Binding fuel pump (or other switches) to keyboard?

cfgrs Guest

Hello,

So I'm flying a Katana on FSX, and I have a switch for the electric fuel pump. I can't seem to find anywhere in the configurations for key bindings that allows me to use the keyboard to turn it on and off. I can do it by clicking the switch with my mouse, but I'd like to bind it to my keyboard/throttle. Similar problems with a few other switches.

Is there any way to check what the key binding is for the switch, and/or change it?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's great to see you're delving into the finer aspects of FSX, especially in configuring your controls for a more immersive flying experience. The issue you're facing with binding specific controls like the electric fuel pump to your keyboard or throttle is a common one among simulation enthusiasts. Let's break down the process to make this more manageable.

Firstly, FSX does have a default set of key bindings, but they may not cover every specific control for all aircraft, especially for more detailed models like the Katana. The solution lies in customizing your key bindings, which involves a few steps:

Identifying the Command: To find out if there's an existing key binding for the electric fuel pump, you can refer to the comprehensive list of FSX controls. This resource provides a detailed rundown of the default keyboard commands in FSX.

Using Third-Party Software: If the specific control you're looking for isn't available in the default settings, third-party software like FSUIPC (Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication) can be a lifesaver. This tool allows you to create custom bindings for almost any control in your aircraft.

Experimenting and Testing: Once you've set up your custom key bindings, it's crucial to test them in different scenarios to ensure they work as intended. This may require some trial and error, but it's an integral part of fine-tuning your simulation experience.

Remember, the process can vary slightly depending on your hardware and any additional mods you might be using. Also, while these steps are specific to FSX, they are largely applicable to other popular platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12, with some adjustments for their respective interfaces and settings.

I hope this helps you get the most out of your flight simulation experience. If you have any further questions or need clarification on specific steps, feel free to ask!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...