Recogition & Strobe Lights

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

The FS9 "Mooney" has strobe and recognition (flashing) lights, as those familiar with this a/c know. When is the appropriate time to use strobe and/or the flashing recognition lights. And I have not seen any other FS9 aircraft with recognition lights. It appears the Mooney is the only one?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Strobes should be turned on when entering the active runway and off when exiting after landing. Always good to turn off in cloud as otherwise you will think you are in a nightclub due reflection!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

PH,

Thanks! I wasn't sure when to turn the strobes off or on. I can imagine what the cloud reflection may look like with those lights a flashin'. 😳

Are the recognition lights lit along with the strobes during flight?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Turn them off in cloud Read are you sure,I would have thought thats when you most needed them,be seen and be safe

I had never noticed the extra set of strobes before Doh!

So why have 2 sets ❓

DonWood Guest

In real world flying, you definately turn them off in cloud. See and be seen does not apply when you are in IFR conditions and strobes in a cloud can induce vertigo and, in undiagnosed brain abnormalities, possibly seizures - not a real good thing if you are PIC.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...