Airbus Throttle Controls in FSUIPC

Pro Member Trainee
Jeff Harr (setupcity) Trainee

Can someone explain to me how airbus throttles work. My collection of Airbus planes, you can not actuate the throttles with my ch quadrant when I use fsuipc for control -(except for my AFS design, which works fine). However, if I use the standard microsoft as the control, they work fine. I want to be able to manually control the throttles, like my Boeing planes. I have a tab open on something in fsuipc called "LUA" - but this is way over my head. The same thing applies to the VRS F-18- but I understand that, and even am setting up a seperate drive for that plane. But I want to run my Airbus, side be side with the Boeing planes. Can you point me in the right direction? Do I have to learn and figure out the FMC or something, which I prefer to do at my own (slow) pace? I really do not want to have to resort to using the "F" keys for throttle control.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Marc Wheeler (CXA001) Trainee

What models of Airbus aircraft are you referring to?

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

setupcity wrote:

Can someone explain to me how airbus throttles work. My collection of Airbus planes, you can not actuate the throttles with my ch quadrant when I use fsuipc for control -(except for my AFS design, which works fine). However, if I use the standard microsoft as the control, they work fine. I want to be able to manually control the throttles, like my Boeing planes. I have a tab open on something in fsuipc called "LUA" - but this is way over my head. The same thing applies to the VRS F-18- but I understand that, and even am setting up a seperate drive for that plane. But I want to run my Airbus, side be side with the Boeing planes. Can you point me in the right direction? Do I have to learn and figure out the FMC or something, which I prefer to do at my own (slow) pace? I really do not want to have to resort to using the "F" keys for throttle control.

Also there is a support forum for FSUIPC on simFlight: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Pro Member Trainee
Jeff Harr (setupcity) Trainee

I've been away, my slow response I have the Aerosoft Airbus X, but I notice it in Project Airbus planes to. I think the answer is in checking the box in fsuipc- 'send to fs', instead of what I usually do which is 'send to fsuipc', and I am now trying to figure out what 'send to fs' does, I think this will resolve the issue with the VRS F-18, at least in FSX. Checking this box, sending it to fs.... I do not want to have to enable the default microsoft controls...'enable joystick'.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...