Manuals for Piper PA46 & Piper PA44

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I paid for these aircraft downloads, but they are missing the manuals...anyone know how to get them?? The only thing that shows in the download file or programs are the install and uninstall respectively. I don't need to reinstall the same plane. Help. Thanks

Answers 30 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How about a link to the site that you bought them from.

They might have the manuals listed separately.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Thanks Radarman I will check the SimShack, but didn't notice that when I downloaded them..thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

No...I checked SimShack and the PDF manuals are not listed there...?? The description states that the manuals are included in the package, but I didn't get them for both the Piper Seminole and the Piper Meridian? I guess they mean they are supposed to be in the download package, but they are not there...or they didn't download...confusing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Email the designer and see if he will send them to you.
His email should be in the read-me that came with the download.
Sometime you can find the PDF listed in your W7 program list.
Check there first.

This it?

https://www.commerciallevel.com/index.php?id=86

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

They have the Piper Arrow and thats it..you think that this issue would be easy to resolve???Thanks Radarman for the help. support@wssimulation.com is NON deliverable?? I guess SimShack has no support staff.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I solved the mystery of the missing manuals...you have to go to Simobjects> Airplanes> select the appropriate model and the manual is there in that file...thanks for the help...Radarman!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad you found them.

Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Hello...these are really great prop aircraft! I just got the Beechcraft King Air C90B and after the download the only thing that shows in the preview window is two pilots setting in the air and almost no airplane? I am really miffed...I thought these downloads did everything when you paid for them? Maybe I wasted almost $40.00?? Do you know how I can correct this? Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may be too graphic intensive for your video card, especially if you are running it on a laptop.

Try turning down all the slides, autogen, scenery, clouds, shadows etc.
Don't worry if the Sim looks like crap. you want to see if the aircraft looks fine as long as the video card doesn't have to work too hard.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I just bought a new puter...Everything is appropriate...ok I'll try it.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

If I would have known this I would not have purchased it...My computer is a custom made Cyberpower PC..it should handle these graphics no sweat..I bought the plane from SimShack...man this pisses me off.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you saying that after turning down the settings like I said the aircraft looks fine.
Then turning them back up kills the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

No...by turning down the settings there is no aircraft? I really can't believe that this computer won't handle the graphics...maybe I am learning something here...that I have to be more cognizant about the downloads?I hate to waste money, and I was looking forward to flying the King Air. I am fairly new to this simulator and I am surely not a computer wizard although I think that every download should at least preview in the FSX window if the computer is at least a decent one...and mine is...it's brand new.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How can there be no aircraft, it's there. you saw it once why can't you see it again.
Turning down the settings wouldn't have anything to do with the aircraft.
In the menu where you choose the aircraft put a check in the checkbox that says "show all variations".

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Yes...in the menu the aircraft is there, but when I choose the one I want to fly is when I get the vague outline of the plane with only the two pilots intact. What would the settings have to do with the preview of the choosen aircraft? I know what your saying, it is there, but it's not presented in full model when I choose it from the menu to fly it....sorry if Iam not getting something..all the other models that I paid for downloaded and were installed without a problem...this is from Carenado.com.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I really appreciate everything your helping me with Radarman, but when I spend almost 40 bucks and then I can't fly the thing I get a bit annoyed...maybe we can fix this bird so I can take her up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OK, the biggest problem is you don't answer my questions.
You know what you see, I don't, so tell me the answers to my questions.
This way maybe I can help, no promises...but I'll try.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I see the King Air in the menu, but when I select the one I want to fly that's when I only see the pilots with a vague outline and fragments of the plane. I don't know any other way to explain it...I am trying to answer your questions.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Also...do know if SimShack.net has a refund policy?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CaptainK49 wrote:

I see the King Air in the menu, but when I select the one I want to fly that's when I only see the pilots with a vague outline and fragments of the plane. I don't know any other way to explain it...I am trying to answer your questions.

OK, is this with all the slides set to zero or are they still making the Sim look good.
If you don't try them at their lowest settings we can never know if it's your video card or not.

If you have had the computer for more than 2-3 months I would advise opening the case and cleaning out the dust, it may be overheating.
If you don't know how to do it, ask before you try.

I don't know about a return policy for them, all I can tell you to do is to email their support like I would.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Yes..all to zero...the computer is 2 weeks old...crossfire board i5 Intel, 1TB Hardrive, 4 GB Geforce Vid Card, 24 " Asus Monitor...MSI Military Class III Z77A-G41. I had this problem before with the free downloads...that's why I don't do it anymore. All the other aircraft that I paid for work great, but with a different install procedure than the Carenado program. The other products were all automatically installed into FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

4 GB DDR3 Memory

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice machine but only 4 gigs memory...amazing.
That's why MS went to a 64bit operating system so it could handle huge amounts of memory.
FSX is CPU driven anyway.

Try shutting down some of the programs that re running in the background.
If you have Norton (Symantec) then thats a memory hog, along with W7 it uses most of those 4 gigs ram.

Reboot the computer, since your not on line when flying disable the antivirus, never the firewall...ever!
After flying enable it again.

This will free up some memory and might do the job.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Thanks...ok I will try it...yes it's a nice machine. Those guys at Cyberpower are very cool. I hope that it works...I love the King Air.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I got this download AFS RAF Jets and it won't install correctly...is this purchase a download thing a crap shoot? This is really pissing me off.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I posted in the other forum about the new download.

1-Do you have any of the others working yet.
2-You say you have an i5 CPU, could you tell me the CPU number...I thought you had an i7, one of the later stronger ones.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Yes...I have the OEM Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6M LGA1155...I almost got the i7.. maybe I should have, but it was really not cheap..lol...neither was my machine. No...the King Air doesn't work...the Pipers both work great. The WSsimulation is a simple install and everything works great. I was a fool and downloaded the AFS RAF jets and they don't install at all. I've spent about $100.00 on downloads and only 2 work from SimShack....this is not good business!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good reviews on that i5, it should handle FSX without blinking.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B007SZ0E1K

But still, the only 4gigs ram confuses me.
I know the company and why they would only put 4gigs with that processor escapes me.
If I were you I would save my pennies and buy 4 more gigs.
I hope you have a power supply that is at least 750w or greater.

As for the RAF jets, did you try the tip I gave when you posted the question in a new post.
You could also look for wherever it went and load the main aircraft RAF folder into your simobjects/airplane folder and see if it shows up.
Most freeware is loaded by hand so that should work.
If you load it and it works but doesn't have gauges then look for the gauge folder and empty it's contents into your main (root) gauge folder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

The problem with the RAF jets file is that I can't open it to do the transfer..it has a closed wizard setup. Yeah I thought about the 8GB on the DDR3 but it seems to flash efficiently so far. BTW I really like your FSX key guide!! If you know how to open the AFS RAF Jet file please advise...thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RAF asked in other post and answered in other post.

Key guide, thanks..glad it helps.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...