Can't get cockpit view

Pro Member Trainee
rich731 Trainee

Just downloaded Dash 8
The only view I can get from cockpit is full screen. Clicking full screen doesn't help.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not sure what you mean by "full screen".

Try pressing your <S> key and/or your <W> key several times.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums Rich! If I understand correctly you don't see cockpit at all? 😕

Pro Member Trainee
rich731 Trainee

VegasFlyer wrote:

Welcome to the forums Rich! If I understand correctly you don't see cockpit at all? 😕

Right, all I get is the "full screen" view in front of the aircraft.

I unzipped the whole file into the "aircraft" sub folder, perhaps I did something wrong there?
Rich

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rich731 wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

I unzipped the whole file into the "aircraft" sub folder, perhaps I did something wrong there?
Rich

It would help if you explained what you mean by "full screen" ... is it as VegasFlyer suggested that you don't see a cockpit (or panel) at all?

Is what you see in front of you just the runway?

Go into your '"aircraft" sub folder' find the Dash 8, open the Dash8 folder and find the Panel folder... tell us what's inside that folder.

Pro Member Trainee
rich731 Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

rich731 wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

Rich

It would help if you explained what you mean by "full screen" ... is it as VegasFlyer suggested that you don't see a cockpit (or panel) at all?

Is what you see in front of you just the runway?

Go into your '"aircraft" sub folder' find the Dash 8, open the Dash8 folder and find the Panel folder... tell us what's inside that folder.

AHA! There is no Panel folder in the Dash 8 100 Zip file I downloaded.
And yes, all I see is the runway.

Thanks for your help, I guess the Zip file is incomplete.

Rich

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rich731 wrote:

AHA! There is no Panel folder in the Dash 8 100 Zip file I downloaded.
And yes, all I see is the runway.

If there is no Sound folder either in the Dash 8 100 Zip file then you accidentally downloaded an AI aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...