Uninstalling and re-installing FSX problems

GPSpector Guest

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

The problem started when I decided to switch from Win 7 32Bit with 4GB RAM to Win 64Bit with 14GB RAM. I decided to uninstall FSX prior to the change and moved all my Personal FSX files/records (so I can pick up where I last flew), to another drive on the same PC.

The switch went fine and Win 7 64Bit seems very stable but the problem I am havingis re-installing FSX. Everytime I load CD1 it starts the install then it tells me that it can't complete because FSX is alread detected on my system.

I have cleaned out all referances to FSX from my registry and all shortcuts and links on my hard drive. I'm still getting the same problem.

What is the install seeing that I am not? Crying or Very sad

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure to follow every step, something ( a folder?) is still on the machine.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...