Pro Member Trainee
Dave (driley5) Trainee

Will FSX be compatable with windows 8?

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, W8 is based on W7...no problems.
Some new features most of all a new GUI.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dave (driley5) Trainee

Thank you! i'm getting a great deal on windows 8 because of the date that I bought my laptop. $10. WOW
now all I have to worry about is my Adobe cs5 products

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't see any program that works on W7 having problems with W8.
I think you get IE10 with it and if you have a touch screen monitor thats one of the new features, it also will work with a mouse of course.

Radar

Abin Peter Guest

The installation gets aborted while installing from the second disk.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What OS are you overloading it on.

Radar

Yuri Wilcox Guest

NO!!! before you do anything! FSX is NOT compatible with W8. I have had so man problems... it works for about 30 days and then it crashed in about 10-15 minutes into every flight... DONT get it. I am calling Microsoft now to complain and request an update for FSX. for now... don't get it.
UAL845

Bryan Miller Guest

please read this before posting!!!!!!!!! right click on short cut of fsx then go to properties go over to compatibility check where it says run this program in compatatibility mode for and go to the drop bar and choose windows 7. please enjoy.

Osbourn Guest

I got FSX running on win 8 64 bit and its perfect. No need to install in compatability mode. Just install it. By the way theres a crash fix for win 8 running fsx. Go google it. Run a full malware scan, run ccleaner, clean out your startup except your AV.

fattik Guest

Hello,

I also have a trouble with FSX in Windows 8.
While installing second disk; I receive 1722 coded error (Windows Installer).
in the end of setup.

I've tried so many solution ways to figure it out but made no sense till now. Is there anyone faced with same trouble so far? Please help me

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

fattik wrote:

Hello,

I also have a trouble with FSX in Windows 8.
While installing second disk; I receive 1722 coded error (Windows Installer).
in the end of setup.

I've tried so many solution ways to figure it out but made no sense till now. Is there anyone faced with same trouble so far? Please help me

See if this helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Radar

Mack Feloza Guest

Will it work on 32 bit? Have it downloaded already just wondering if theres a way to fix it?

Mike Feloza Guest

It just keeps lagging and I can't play with it lagging so much.

Jacob Lynham Guest

thanks guys it should now work but after getting my fist computer (windows 😎 I couldn't run it... until now!!! but currently there is a message about missing scenery but I think that is just a coping issue...

MiataMike Guest

my brand new FSX gold edition was loaded onto an external WD drive on AMD chip HP Envy M6 laptop. Ran fine, loaded Accelerator, ran fine, loaded megascenery and was not happy with performance. Thought was a good idea to buy exact duplicate external HD that was empty and use it just for FSX, scenery, hanger etc. Got the 1722 error very early in disc one. Thought was due to not having uninstalled from HD one (there is NO uninstaller so ran Puran Utilities force uninstaller), still error 1722. Then ran the noted kb928080 "license fix" in admin mode and showed was completed, still had 1722 error. Then ran in succession regcleaner and kb, then regcleaner and regedit and kb still 1722 error. Only "success" was went from failing early in disc 1 to failing at last step of disc2 which meant had to sit through entire load before finding out it failed.
IT DID RUN ON THIS LAPTOP AND IDENTICAL EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PREVIOUSLY.... http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/wzLRC.jpg
http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/LsUk.jpg

john mcc Guest

had no luck installing fsx in w8 ,have today loaded windows 8.1 and fsx installed with no trouble yeeha 😂

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

See our article here discussing the topic:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4692/

John Wowzo Guest

Just wondering if the reason why my views on the F-18 were shaded out and not so crisp was because of the possible Windows 8 compatibility issue? Was there a code I could throw into a file to sharpen this airframe? Thanks alot for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

John Wowzo wrote:

Just wondering if the reason why my views on the F-18 were shaded out and not so crisp was because of the possible Windows 8 compatibility issue? Was there a code I could throw into a file to sharpen this airframe? Thanks alot for your help.

It could be your video card or it's drivers.
It could also be that you don't have enough ram.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...