fsx 737-800 approach

superman1972 Guest

I am relatively new to FSX and have figured some things out. I am, though, questioning what I am doing wrong when I am landing the fsx default
737-800. My understandingis that the landing speed on the fsx default
737-800 should be 135 or 140. When I am on approach and trying to slow down I find that I start dropping too fast, even with full flaps, and am on the ground long before the runway. I dont know if I am wrong in the landing speed or if I am coming in too low. I have tried to change my timing of how I use the flaps and slow down, but continue to have a hard time.

Any suggestions?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it at 155KIA's with full flaps like you have now.
Don't drop down too fast.

Radar

superman1972 Guest

What would you say the timing is for distance vs speed and increments of flaps?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do the same as you have been doing but the increase in speed should be the deciding factor.

To be honest I use 165KIA and don't land at the beginning of the runway, just a short way down, then turn on reverse thrusters.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

I agree with using around 160 on approach with full flaps. Turn off auto speed at about 3 miles out and adjust manually to keep around 155-160. That's how I do it anyway. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Some time ago I ran some tests with the FSX Boeing 737.800. First I tested stall speeds @ 2000 ft above sea level, but with clean configuration.
The bird begins to stall at these speeds - in mid temp - say 50 F
Lightest 91500 lbs : 120 IAS
Midweight 123500 lbs : 125 IAS
Heaviest 155500 lbs : 140 IAS

Then I ran APPR tests with all flap configs 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 25, 30, 40.
I found by experimentation the following to be congenial for final final 40 degree flaps:-
Lightest 88000 lbs : 110 IAS
Midweight 120000 : 130 IAS
Heaviest 152000 : 150 IAS

.... but I agree with above posters - - it is much safer to add 10 knots or so when there is a possibility of contrary gusts.

🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...