Where's my taxi arrows?

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Hi All,

Wondered if anybody could advise me on an issue on FSX that i'm experiencing. I have detail maxed out and a few add ons on my version of FSX (FSX traffic, Active Sky).

I used to be able to get the guidance arrows to the runway along the taxiways, but it appears to have disappeared.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why and how I can get this feature back? I'm just driving around the apron of the airport and can't find the correct runway.....

Thanks
Tim

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

By disappeared, I mean that when I select the option on the ATC window, the arrows don't appear...

Agent Orange Guest

Are you running FSX on an older or low-end computer? It sounds like your graphics card is not up to the task -- maybe reducing the detail level might solve the problem?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Also if you have installed some addon airports, sometimes the scenery will overlay the "arrows", they're still there but underneath your scenery.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Just noticed this post is over a year old, that'll teach me Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Yeah - it may be a year old but it happend to me recently - because I have just purchased FSX Gold and am trying it out on my new laptop.

I found that when I unticked the Preview DirectX10 checkbox I got my Taxi arrows back.
🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...