Monitor Screen goes black intermittently while flying FSX

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Any help appreciated...when I am flying FSX sometimes my monitor screen goes black (no signal found) on the screen, and then returns to normal. While it does this there is still sound. The duration is only for a few seconds?? I just put a new GPU in and checked all connections, any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would clean out the old video card driver and load another.
Let us know if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

thanks Radarman will do.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I deleted all old drivers, but when I fly the Carenado Skymaster it does this when on approach...doesn't do it when I fly the other planes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just on the Carenado, that may be the fault of the video card.
The aircraft is too graphic intensive for the card the handle.
You need a better card that you bought or lower some of the slides, autogen, shadows, clouds, AI.
That will loosen up some of the cards "power" to render the aircraft.
Let us know if that works.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Yeah it is a beautifully detailed aircraft. I installed a EVGA Geforce 750 Ti and thought it would handle it..will back off on sliders...thanks Radarman.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

What parameters should I set the video card at on the video card program window on Windows 7? Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There aren't any set in stone settings for any card.
Just play around with the slides.
Maybe you want fewer clouds, or no AI no shadows so then you can divert the setting up to something you like such as scenery.
Autogen uses the most "power" from any card.

I lock my FPS at 20.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

ok..I meant the Nivdia panel...what certain things meant on that i.e. global settings vs. program settings etc. I also noticed that all of my other Carenado planes do not black screen my FSX. I am going to re-download The Skymaster and see if that works. Thanks Radarman!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You want to se this as high as you can get it to get rid of the "dreaded jaggies" 😂 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersample_anti-aliasing

I hope a new download works out well.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

thanks Radarman.

tjan Guest

Hello everybody!

I have bought new computer last month and install FSX on it. The FSX is working normall, but when I parked the airplane and shout down the enginess, the sound of electricity appears (the electricity probably running the flight instruments - and that sound doesn't bother me), but in few moments that sound rapidly increase, and it is much louder than usual.

Can anyone help me?

I would be very happy any help!

Kind regards,
Tijan Derganc

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Check the sliders on the cockpit sounds in the 'sound area' this may help.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Also, you might trouble shoot the soundcard and your speakers or headphones for proper connections or shorting out or any other interference. Hope this helps.

tjan Guest

I have tried many of things, but still the voice is increasing. The voice increas on louder noice (the voice of electricity), but when I switch one of the bottons, there is a "click", and the sound goes back on the normal volume for the some time.

It is looks like that the noice increas on the louder volume, but when another noice (button switching "click") appears, the other goes back on the normal volume.

Thank you very much for any reply!

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Some add on aircraft do have louder cockpit voices and engine volumes maybe try and reinstall FSX as a last resort. Make sure you experiment with the sliders first...in the 'Sound' area from Settings.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Also this problem may be in your mouse or mouse settings?

tjan Guest

Hello, I upload video about my problems on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i80c5frVbOQ) - FSX : sound increasing problems.
If you have any idea, please write me!

Kind regards,
Tijan Derganc

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have no idea but I fixed your link.

Radar

tjan Guest

I have solved the problem, the sliders in computer's sound settings were just set on mode in which computer adjustment sound itself.

Thanks for all help!

Kind regards

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...