screen goes black when i uncheck dx10

Pro Member Trainee
charliewilkins Trainee

Please help,Im trying to run fsx sp2 with acceleration on my new dell xps 1530 laptop.It has a nvidia 8600m gt card.Problem is the default aircraft work ok but all the add on aicraft come up white with their textures missing.I have tried unchecking the dx10 preview but this causes the screen to go black with all aircraft even the default ones.Seems Im stuck with the default aircraft if i want to play this game.I have tried running in windowed mode and chaning the screen resolution but to no avail.Has anyone got ANY suggestions as to how to fix this or even if its possible

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you running Vista or XP and how much memory do you have.
Your card is using 512mb of the memory in your machine.

Try lowering all the slides, especially autogen, shadows and AI

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
charliewilkins Trainee

Thanks for the reply.I have 4gb memory and dual core 2gh processor.
Problem is when I uncheck the dx10 preview I get black screen for all aircraft including default ones.I can hear the sounds when the black screen appears.Funny thing is I can use the game fine with dx10 selected just that all add on aircraft come up white.This is a brand new machine bought especially for playing fsx so this is a real downer.The graphics card is a nvidia 8600m GT and Ive tried using n hancer with various AA settings but nothing seems to work.

Pro Member Trainee
charliewilkins Trainee

APOLOGIES BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I'M RUNNING ON VISTA AND THE CARD ITSELF HAS 512MB MEMORY.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try getting new drivers for your video card, usually the ones that come with the machine are old.
Try without enhancer first (I'm an ATi user, not too familiar with that).
Don't forget to clean out the old drivers before you install new ones.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
charliewilkins Trainee

Ok ,updated all the drivers ,cleaned out hdd and defragged,even wiped down the screen with polish.No change cant get any addon aircraft to work and these are all new fsx compatible files.Cant figure out is it the software or hardware.Open to any suggestions from anyone who had similar problems .This is a brand new xps machine with fs9 the only other software i run on it.Thanks to radarman for help todate

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...