Help! I installed FSX Acceleration and I have a Black Screen

Pro Member Trainee
Rozal Trainee

Well, when I had XP it worked fine, then I upgraded to Vista and now I get a black screen whenever I want to fly. Even the area that shows the aircraft you've selected (360 view) is black.
Yes I tried updating my Drivers.
Yes my hardware is more than enough to handle FSX.

When I uninstalled FSX Acceleration, regular FSX worked fine. When I re-installed, same deal, black screen, however the sound works fine, I can hear myself crashing in the water.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Taylor Crockett (taylorc) Trainee

have you installed all of the required service packs

Pro Member Trainee
Rozal Trainee

FSX SP1, what else is there?
Vista has service packs?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try to uncheck the DirectX 10 box...if it's checked.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rozal Trainee

In FSX? I can't see it anywhere, my card is a 7900GS

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rozal wrote:

In FSX? I can't see it anywhere, my card is a 7900GS

If that's a DX 10 card there is a box.
I use ATi (2X512mb non DX 10) and the box wouldn't be in my menu.
If it's not a DX 10 card then you don't have the box either and should clean out your old drivers and try new ones.

If that won't cut it try a different resolution or try flying window or full screen.

It probably something very minor.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rozal Trainee

Not a DX card, unfortunately, the problem still persist even when I driver clean and reinstall

Pro Member Trainee
Rozal Trainee

bump

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...