Running FSX in Windows 8.1

Felixleiter Guest

I just upgraded to a new pc with an Intel i7 processor and Windows 8.1.

I loaded my old FSX and after running it for a few minutes I get an error message shutting it down and saying a problem has been encountered. Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Exact words of the message please.

Radar

FelixLeiter Guest

I did not copy down the message but it was a standard Windows message box with something similar to--Flight Simulator X has encountered an unknown problem and is shutting down.
I'll try to force a failure and write down the exact message.

BTW - I have 8GB of memory and 1Tb of storage. Computer is by ASUS with built in Dell graphics. I just moved it from my old XP machine with 2gb of Ram.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Without the exact message it just a guess.
You say you have "built in graphics" that's your weak point.
Integrated video cards are notoriously insufficient for graphic intensive games.
Lower some of your major memory hog slides.
Autogen, shadows, clouds and AI.
You could even shut off AI and shadows.

See how it works then and be sure you have the latest video drivers.
Clean out the old ones and install new ones.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...