Meyers 200D

Zooman77 Guest

I have downloaded the Meyers 200D https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4774/fsx-aero-commander-meyers-200d/, however the only thing that is visible in the virtual cockpit are the gauges, radios, and GPS. In the external view of the aircraft the only thing that is visible are the wingtips, propeller, and windows. I have downloaded it on two different computers with FSX. Any thoughts?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't think the video cards are up to rendering a graphic intensive aircraft (probably both laptops or just old).
Try turning down or off most of your slides, autogen, shadows, clouds and AI amongst others.
Let the Sim look very bad for a minute and see if the down loaded aircraft shows up better.
That will show if it's the video card(s) or a deeper problem.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Zooman77 Guest

Both of the computers are desktops, however, one is old and not capable of much. My main computer is about a year old and is built specifically for gaming and simulation. It has 16 GB of DDR3 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti overclocked, and an Intel core i7 3770, with Windows 7 as the operating system. Nevertheless I did try turning down the settings and that did not solve the problem. Even when I select the plane in the free flight menu it is invisible(other than the windows, wingtips, etc.) in the gallery too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

These are his directions for installation.
1)After downloading the zip, locate it, and extract the file to a temp folder.

2)Copy the 200D Folder over to your FSX Aircraft folder.

3)Copy the cab.200d gauges file over to your FSX gauges folder.

Look at your graphics tab in FSX and make sure the DX10 box is unchecked.

Radar

Zooman77 Guest

I figured it out. Thanks for the help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Glad you got it to work!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...