Over the past week or so I have noticed that my sky on FSX has gone completely white. I shrugged it off because eI could 'fix it eventually' and for the meantime I could have it on lots of cloud. Only, when I installed "Alfs airfields volume 2" (Rochester Airport, EGTO), I noticed my ground went completely black where there is meant to be grass or outside the airport. I did the usual thing of internet searching it when a website said I had a missing file. I downloaded the file and put it where it' semantic to be and nothing changed. By this time, I had uninstalled "Alfs airfield Vol.2" and still nothing. I have lots of UK2000's products but I have had them ever since I have had my computer. I have un-clicked addon sceanry to see if that did anything, no. Uninstalled the airport, no. I don't have any of the expansion packs installed but have run FSX without them for ages. To try and make it work I installed some ground software that has already been installed by my brother for his simulator and it works perfectly. By the way, at the free flight screen on FSX, where you see the aircraft spinning around, that has gone completely white but the aircraft is still there. Help would be very much apreciated, thanks. David Wood - Flight simulator and Aviation enthusiast.
5 Answers
Try going into the graphics tab in the Sim and uncheck the Directx10 box.
See if that helps.

I forgot to put that in, it's already unchecked. Any other ideas?
Thanks - David
I have the feeling that you have added too many add-ons that are overwriting each other.
The only way I can think of is to drop in disk #1 and choose repair (which I doubt will work).
Clean out FSX and reinstall it.
Use this to get rid of everything.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Thanks will try. Is there anyway of getting another product key?
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Chief Captain